CHAPTER 17

ACE'S SANTOS POV

"I can't believe you kept this from us all these years, did you really think we are such bad people?" Melons says straight to my face, she is very angry after telling her everything. I told her I was blackmailed by Juan and I had no choice.

"5 years Ace, fucking five years. It's not fair, Ingrid suffered all these years suppressing the pain of losing her beloved daughter that fateful night, God! How will she take this?" She mumbles sadly, tears flowing down her face. It hurt me to see her crying but I can't do anything at the moment.

"I am sorry, that was very selfish of me. I am ready to face the consequences of my actions." I utter with determination, she looks at me and wipe her tears away before standing up.

"I guess, you chose your path." She states before leaving. I just stay there dumfounded. I rake fingers through my hair feeling frustrated. This is all Juan Mendez's fault. If he didn't medal into our lives, everything could have gone smoothly. Maybe Ingrid and could be married already with two kids including Chloe and another child maybe a son.

I smile at myself thinking about it, I then decide to go home but I tell one of my guards to give me updates on everything going on with Ingrid's condition.

3RD PERSON POV

Melon goes back to the hospital, she finds Matteo and Ashton outside the ICU room where Ingrid has been admitted. The doctor has not yet allowed any person in the room yet till later. Ashton and Matteo are having a conversation when they feel Melon's presence.

"Hey, here you are. We have been looking all over for you." Ashton speaks with a worry tone.

"I was getting some fresh air." She lies, she knows if she tells him that she was with Ace, it would bring a problem and that is the last thing she wants.

"Did that prick leave? I don't want to see his face here." Ashton asks, Melon nods.

"He really has got some nerve showing his face here after what he did to Ingrid." Matteo buts in. Melon glares at Matteo before rolling her eyes.

"Easy for you judge Matteo, you didn't even make enough efforts rescuing Ingrid, at least Ace tried. But you, you are just all talk." Melon snaps at Matteo, she just poured all her anger on him out of frustration. Matteo grits his teeth, he restrains himself from saying something he would regret later.

"Are you trying to say that you are on that prick's side?" Ashton asks Melon with a disappointing tone. Melon rolls her eyes at Ashton instead.

"I have the blood tests results." They all startle hearing the doctor's voice behind them. All eyes focusing on the doctor awaiting for the news.

"What is it doctor?" Matteo asks curiously. The doctor heaves a deep sigh before giving them a sympathetic smile, "I am afraid none of you" He looks at Ashton then at Matteo, "Has the blood which is compatible with the patient."

"What? But how, he is my daughter..." Ashton complains.

"It doesn't matter, Blood types are inherited and represent genetic markers from both parents, so the answer to this question depends on the blood types of the parents. Ingrid has a blood type O negative while those with O negative are universal blood donors, the blood they can receive when it comes to transfusions is far from universal. If you have O negative blood, the only blood type you can receive is O negative."

"God! How can we find that type of blood, isn't there any reserve in the hospital?" Matteo asks but the doctor shakes his head.

"What about you Melon, what blood type do you have?" Ashton asks Melon.