CHAPTER 2

Ace's Santos Pov

I have been avoiding Ingrid for the past week. I have been ignoring her calls and messages. I rarely attend classes but I get feedbacks from my friend Jacob on what the professors teach. I don't want any troubles with the Silverios. I just want to live my life in peace.

I miss Ingrid so much. Damn it. But I always remind myself that she is not of my standards.

I just got back home and found my mother in the kitchen.

"Mother?" I am surprised to see her. She is released? How?

"Hey son." She smiles and approaches me.

"Aren't you happy that I am back?" She pouts. I shake my head at her dramatic behavior.

"You were supposed to be out in 2 weeks due." She purses her lips.

"Well, I got help from my friend." Friends? I don't recall her having friends lately. She has been a trouble maker to the extent that her friends avoided her.

"I made you your favorite. Chicken adobo." My mother is a great cook but she rarely cooked ever since dad passed on.

"Thanks but I'm good." I reply and sit on the coach.

"Son, i am so sorry." She says and take a seat beside me on the couch. I feel her hand on mine.

"I promise to change. I want to be a better mother to you Ace. Please give me another chance to make it up for you. I love you so much son. I cant loose you either." Mom starts to sob and I hate seeing her crying.

I elope her into my arms. Just like that, we make patch up things. I hope this time, she changes for good.

***

The moment I enter the library, I see her seating at our usual spot.

I make my way towards her.

"Ingrid, we need talk". She jolts up and turns to face me. She looks shocked to see me.

"Ace." She squeals and hugs me right away taking me by surprise.

"Where have you been? God! It's been ages since I saw you. I miss you so much. You have been ignoring my calls and everything." She speaks with a worried tone.

"We need to talk right now." I say grabbing her taking her outside so that we talk with some privacy.

Once we are at a secluded area, i release her hand.

"You are acting weird Ace. What is really going on? "She asks confused folding her arms around her chest. I heave a deep sigh.

"Here". I hand her some cash. She looks puzzled.

"What is the meaning of this?" She asks still oblivious or is she really not aware?

"Are you really oblivious of what is going on or you are just fooling around?" I ask seeking for clarity.

"I don't understand." She says panicking.

"I never asked for your help to bail my mom out of jail." I tell her. She gasps in realization.

"What? How did you find out?" She replies. I chuckle sarcastically.

"It doesn't matter how Ingrid. We already talked about this before and I said no. What are you really trying to prove Ingrid? That you are in control since you come from a wealthy family?" She scoffs in disbelief at my statement.

"Is that really what you think of me?" She yells at me. I don't answer back. Tears fall down her cheek. Fuck, I hate to see her crying.

"I was only looking out for you. I went to see your mom Ace. That place is not proper for her. I just couldn't let her stay there." She states sobbing.