Dicey Situation

A few days passes by. Slowly there began to form two factions in the class. One was pro Rimuru faction, consisting of people who admired and looked up to Rimuru for his amazing talent and performances and considered him the greatest elite in the school. The second was anti Rimuru faction which consisted of people who hated Rimuru, mainly because they were jealous of his sudden rise to fame and wanted to down him at all costs.

"So then what are we supposed to do about that Rimuru taking over our academy" asked Hina

"Yeah that b*tch is getting more and more students on her side, and Ryzen sama is now literally always following her behind" said Aya.

"Not to mention the teachers are in her favor as well" said Ronan.

"That is to be expected. She is one of the best students this academy's ten thousand year history afterall" said Iris while biting her lip.

"For you to say that Iris san it must really be that big of a deal, considering you are among the top 5 students in the academy yourself" said Girou.

"The case still remains that she needs to be taken care of" said Karla.

"That's easier said than done. You witnessed that spell of her right? That alone would put her above the elites of our academy! There is no way we are getting the better of her even if we gang up on her" said Clint.

"Yeah I know" said Karla with an evil smile.

"I see. So the three of you already did something huh?" said Clint.

"Yeah. I already told my brother. This year's school trip is going to be the last for that Rimuru!" replied Karla.

"Your brother? I see. If its that infamous hero Morgan who played a major role in the war against the demon lords a thousand years ago, then no matter how strong Rimuru is, she is not getting away alive" said Iris with a smile.

"Of course. I just can't wait to hear the news of her 'mysterious' disappearance after the trip" said Karla and laughed.

*

"So you managed to take care of that creature?" asked Alfred.

"Yes Alfred sama. That monster managed to kill Archangel Ikbo, but we defeated it in the end" said Thabo.

"Alright. Good job. Now you can go" 

With that, the two lower gods left the meeting.

"So what do you make of this?" said Argo.

"I am actually very disappointed. To think that creature would be defeated by mere lower gods like them......" said Rochus with disappointment.

"Didn't I tell you? You were making a big deal out of some shitty monster. Now then lets get back" said Alfred and got up.

"Still I should at least report this to Leila sama" said Rochus and went away.

'Is that really over? I still remember very clearly the aura I felt before. I don't think such a monster can be defeated by mere lower gods'

With a hint of doubt in his mind, Rochus went up to the highest realm where the Goddess Leila resides.

*

Somewhere far away-

"So then, as you are already aware of our situation, I propose we should agree on the contract with the Demon Lord Kainath" said Minister Kiyo

Hearing that, there was an uproar in the meeting hall.

"Y-you are fully aware what that would mean for our nation right?" 

"Yeah! That would mean we basically agree to become their vassal state!" argued the other ministers.

"So then does any of you have a better solution?" asked Kiyo.

There was silence in the hall.

"That means we have to follow with my proposition"

"Minister Kiyo, is that really the best option we have?" asked the King.

"Yes my lord. Seeking protection under the Demon Lord Kainath's army is our only option to avoid total annihilation. We are in no way capable of fighting against the Insectars. They will utterly destroy us in the war. There are only three nations sharing borders with us who could help us. Monster Queen Yuria is the strongest among them, but her demands are very harsh.  Among the remaining two, only Demon Lord Kainath is strong enough to fend off the insectars" explained Kiyo.

"I see. I give you my permission. From now on, the nation of Filt is under Demon Lord Kainath's territory" declared the king.

Hearing that, everyone present in the hall became sad, but decided that this was their best option. 

The war between the Insectars and the demon lord Kainath's army will begin in a few months. Everyone thought that this is going to be just a minor event in the history of the world, but that was far from the truth. The world would soon be turned upside down, and this marked the beginning of the event. 

*

"Alright everyone, I hope you are prepared for your trip next week. This time we are going to a special place personally decided by the headmaster Velsa, and we will be accompanied by two other academies as well" said Chris sensei.

"What? Other academies? I don't think this has ever happened before sensei" said Iris.

"Yeah it will a first for our school. And this makes our trip all the more important since it will reflect our standing. As the best academy in the entire nation I expect you all to be at the best of your behavior" 

"Hai sensei" 

And so a week passed by. The day finally came.

"Yosh. We finally get to so this!" said Mia in excitement.

"According to our intel, the place we are going to visit is some type of forest-marshland type area, located very close to the Mirage Caverns" said Ryzen.

"Yeah. That pretty weird. The Mirage Caverns is known for its uncharted cave puzzle, which no one has been able to find a way out of. It is said that once you enter it, you lose all sense of magic and skills and are only reliant on your five senses to find a way out" said Kay.

"That actually seems pretty scary. I hope we get to go inside it!" said Mia in excitement.

"Didn't you hear a word I said? You can not  come out of there once you get in. There is a rumor that once a demon lord tried exploring it and went inside, never to be heard from again" said Kay.

"ho? That's really interesting. I would like to know more about this later" said Rimuru.

"Yep. Now lets get on the warp pad" 

Author's note: Feeling great today so here is an early release.
As always, share your thoughts in the comments and upvote if you liked the chapter. If you want to chat with me join my discord. Link is in the profile. Thanks for reading.