The Demons-tration?

"My queen, the humans seem to have rejected our offer and decided to have sided with the demon lord Kainath"

"I see" replied the beauty sitting on her throne, staring at the far end, with seeming irritation and anger on her face.

"What should we do my Queen?"

The monster queen Yuria, one of the strongest Axis of the world on par with the three pillars, Leila, Nathan and Kumbha. Some legends say that once Leila went too far in order to force her into joining her side, and the resultant was she destroyed half the heaven, killing many of the lower gods and a couple higher gods. Seeing this opportunity, the demon lords declared war on heaven, which eventually led to the great war thousands of years ago which almost destroyed the balance of the world.

"Let them do as they please. We offered them a middle ground by keeping the interest of both sides in mind, but it looks like they don't want that. That's just how greedy and thrashy humans are" said Yuria in frustration.

"Indeed. Those foolish humans think that aligning with Kainath will benefit them"

"That's just how much they can think with their small brains"

"Of course"

*

"Alright then, are you all ready?"

"Yeah. Lets see, in the first round we are supposed to be demonstrating our magic capability by showing our strongest spell right?" asked Rimuru.

"That's correct. And then the second round will be combat demonstration, and then a final round in which we will be fighting against a designated opponent. And then finally we will be given our starting ranks based on our performance" explained Kay.

"Yosh. I am ready"

"Hey Ryzen, I heard your father will be coming to watch this as well, along with various other important people" asked Mia.

"Yeah. That's right. I have heard that the king himself watched over this demonstration along with his daughter, princess Linda"

"What the heck? Doesn't that increase the importance of this event like, tremendously?" asked Mia.

"Of course. We are the Kulan academy afterall. There are always very high hopes from the best academy of the world, which provides our country the best of the best" said Kay.

"I see. It is just making me want to go all out" said Rimuru with a slight chuckle.

*

"THE FIRST ROUND, THE MAGICAL DEMONSTRATION ROUND IS NOW BEGINNNING! STUDENTS WILL ALL GET ONE CHANCE TO SHOW THE GREATEST SPELL IN THEIR ARSENAL. AND SO I WILL NOW INVITE THE FIRST PERSON TO COME ON STAGE!"

With that, the entire stadium burst in cheers.

"What do you think we should be expecting for this generation? Do you have any particular student in mind?" asked Fritz.

"Well I would say there are a couple students that stood out, but overall this year's batch seems to be the weakest one we have had in quite some time. To be honest I think Kulan is losing its reputation nowadays" said Karole.

"Hmph"

"Your son is also going to graduate this year right? Allen. To be honest he is the only one I have hopes for" said Markov.

"Just you wait and see" said Allen with a face full of confidence.

"Ho? Is that so? That is quite a good news" said Edgar, the king.

"Papa! Don't forget the promise you made to me!" said Linda in an adamant tone.

"Hohoho Of course my daughter. Your marriage to Allen's son has already been discussed"