Threat

"So then, what do you have to say about this?" asked Fritz.

"I-I-I don't have any word left! This is far beyond my expectations!" replied Karole.

"Call that Rimuru here. I wish to talk to him personally" ordered Edgar.

"Yes your majesty"

"P-papa are we really safe here?" asked Linda as a piece of shattered barrier came pretty close to where they were seated.

"Don't you worry dear. We have multiple S ranks here protecting us, not to mention the SS ranks like Allen are present as well" said Edgar.

"You may rest assured princess. No harm will come our way" repeated Allen.

"Still though, how is it that we have not even heard the name of such a talented student of the academy? I certainly need to talk to Velsa about this" said Edgar in a serious tone.

*

"Here he is, your majesty" said an attendant as he brought in Rimuru.

 "So you are the no.1 student Rimuru. The spell you displayed was quite magnificent" said Edgar.

"Thanks for the compliment" replied Rimuru in a casual tone.

"So here is the deal. Seeing the immense potential you have, I have decided to bestow upon you the title of the 'Heavenly Knight'. That is the highest honorary title that comes with huge perks and benefits. Be honored and serve this nation to the best of your ability. As the youngest being ever to be holding that title, I expect great things from you" said the king while taking a sip of his drink.

"I am afraid I would have to decline your offer. I have made up my mind to become a free adventurer and I don't want to be tied down to one place" said Rimuru.

"Insolence! You dare decline the highest honor that his majesty has personally decided to bestow upon you even though you have barely even passed from the academy? Don't be so arrogant just because of one spell kid!" shouted Markov.

"Calm down Markov" said Karole trying to calm him down.

"I see. Seeing my incredible talent you wish to tie me down to this kingdom by offering me these bribes, but to be honest I have no intention of serving this kingdom and there is nothing you can give me to change my mind. So if that was all you had to say, I would kindly ask you permission to take my leave" said Rimuru politely.

"YOU! How dare you talk to papa in such a way! Don't you know disrespecting the king leads to severe consequences? We can have you 'executed' for such an offense!" shouted Linda trying to intimidate Rimuru.

"I am seriously surprised you have the courage to say that just after you witnessed my spell. A quick question for you. What do you think is going to happen if I were to use that spell right here, right now?" asked Rimuru with a smirk.

"What!" said Linda taken aback.

"That is rather unfortunate um, Rimuru was it?" said Allen while getting up from his seat.

"Ah Allen. I would appreciate if you are able to resolve this peacefully. I would hate to use 'other' means on a child" said Edgar.

"First of all I would like to make it clear to you that it was not our intention to force you to do anything against your will. We just made you an offer and it is your choice to accept or decline it. 
Next is that what you said just now could be perceived as a death threat to the king and the princess weather you said that with that intent or not is a different matter" said Allen while walking towards Rimuru.