Special Chapter: Chapter 0 - Origin Story

Author's note: By release order, this chapter is supposed to be after chapter 14 'The Last Fragment', but chronologically it happened first. As such, it is your choice when exactly do you want to read this. This gives the backstory of Rimuru and how the current events came about. I hope you like it.

After all the wars are over, Rimuru finally ascended to godhood and became the supreme deity. Now the only thing left for him to do was restore the world and manage his nation. 

50 Years later-

"Rimuru sama have you finished all the paperwork I gave you last time?" asked Shuna with a smile on her face.

"Yes mam! almost done!" Replied Rimuru hurriedly.

And so the days went by and day by day Rimuru was tortured to work like a slave.

"Noooooo! no more! I want a break otherwise my remaining 2 brain cells are going to explode too" cried Rimuru.

<Lady Shuna is already angry due to your delayed work last time. If you don't complete your work this time master, you may not be able to see the sun rise next time>

"I know I know. But seriously this time if i don't get a break I will not be able to go on"

Seeing the terrible misery Rimuru was in, Ciel suggested a new form of entertainment for Rimuru, that is, creating other universes and exploring them for fun.

"Lets begin with one piece!"

<Yes master i have already done all the preparations. When we return we will come back to this exact point in time so that even if you spend years in that universe, when you come back you will be right here, in front of that huge pile of paperwork>

And thus began the journey of Rimuru exploring various worlds, starting here with the one piece world one by one for entertainment. Every 50-100 years or so Rimuru would choose a new universe to create and explore, sometimes not interfering directly and just watching from the sidelines, other times changing even the basic storyline and creating chaos etc. 

Rimuru had already given up his omnipotence and omniscience to Ciel, who kept it permanently sealed away except for when creating a new universe. 

This new form of entertainment Rimuru discovered was very amusing, but even so it had to come to an end.

A few thousand years later-

"What should I do now Ciel? I have already explored a lot of universes and have kinda gotten bored of it" said Rimuru in a bored voice.

<You have already added so many universes to your personal collection. Why not just check on their progress then?>

"I want to do something better. Lets do a new experiment" said Rimuru.

<A new experiment as in?>

"Lets create a new dimension! A completely different dimension from the ones we have. It will give birth to a lot of new concepts and will thus increase the modes of entertainment we have" said Rimuru excitedly.

<Yes that is possible, but wouldn't it get completely normal again since you will be residing over all the dimensions in the end anyway?> asked Ciel.