Chapter 31

Last Night

Madame Kim's Pov

Sitting on the side, I heaved a heavy sigh while I accompanied my grandson who was still lying unconscious. Praying in silence, I softly held his warm hand and gazed upon the visible injuries on his body, feeling a tinge of concern, guilt, and regret all at the same time. 

My thoughts wandered to the earlier events that happened today and I couldn't help but feel unsettled about it.

"I want all of you to watch over Choi Rui. I'll take care of Taehyung from here," I ordered the young men.

"If I may interrupt you, Madame Kim, Namjoon and I will stay back to watch over you and Taehyung in case anything happens," Hoseok insisted.

"My dear, it's alright. For now, I just want to be alone and take care of him. You're all free to go, except you, Jeon Jungkook."

Everyone respectfully bowed and quietly left the room, leaving only the three of us behind.

"Madame Kim, is there something you wish to speak to me about?" he asked.

"I want you to tell me everything that happened from the beginning until now. What happened while I was gone, Jungkook?" I sternly questioned. "I come back to find that my grandson was willing to give up his life for this young woman and was on the brink of death upon my return from abroad. Tell me what happened," I sternly asked.

He quickly looked away and began to form his hands into fists as if he was hesitant to say so. With no choice, he began to tell me everything from start to finish without leaving a single detail behind. "This was the result of it all. I feel ashamed that I didn't do anything to prevent all of this from happening," Jungkook shamefully concluded.

I closed my eyes, rubbing the side of my temple in frustration, "Thank you, dear. You are dismissed."

He slowly bowed before rolling out of the room with his wheelchair.

My grip grew tighter on his hands while my thoughts came rushing through. 

If I knew this was going to happen, I would have arranged for you guys to meet earlier. 

"If I knew you wanted her this much, I would have let you meet her sooner," I whispered to him. "She was already yours, to begin with, and yet, you were so impatient," I shook my head in disappointment.

With paper and pen that was provided from the drawers in the room, I began to write down the truth. 

After hours upon hours, I quietly set down the pen and paper on the small stand. Rising to my feet, I turned to Taehyung and whispered in his ear, "The truth is in your possession now. I believe you'll make the right decision, Taehyung."

Just before I could move, I stole one last glance from him when suddenly, I witnessed his tears streaming down the side of his temples.

----------

Please leave a vote and comment❤(シ_ _)シ

----------

Hello everyone! I'm finally back! After this chapter, I'm going to be a lot more active with my other book "Letters to Kim Taehyung"! Don't forget to check it out! I'm putting my all into that one as well and will be making a series with it. Again, thank you so much for supporting my work! (I promise you it's gonna be good- like really- pretty please- go support it-)

 Again, thank you so much for supporting my work! (I promise you it's gonna be good- like really- pretty please- go support it-)

I'll see you all again!