Chapter 10

Author's Pov

The city night filled with city lights was bustling with civilians who were on their way as they stroll through the streets of Seoul. It was unsettling but strangely calming with relief to see the scenery from above.

It wasn't long until one of Korea's wealthiest CEOs, Hwa Kihyun, was waiting for a certain someone above a cliff along with his ten bodyguards, looking down at Seoul with admiration.

"Sir, they're here," said one of them.

The CEO quickly turned around to see his son and the others being dragged by the arm before they were harshly pushed toward him.

"F-Father... I-I... I'm sorry-"

Before Jooyoung could say anything more the CEO slapped him, the loud noise echoing through the park, making Jooyoung's friends flinch.

"You think an apology will do? What in the name of god were you thinking?" his father yelled. "I wanted a negotiation between the Kim family and us so that we can do business together and end this competition, but no, you just had to start an unnecessary fight. All because of a girl, you decided to throw our family's reputation away from hurting the Kim family's heir by trying to assassinate him. Now here you are after I bailed you out. You should be ashamed of yourself! You and your friends," Kihyun spat in disappointment.

"I'm sorry... " Jooyoung whispered looking down in guilt.

The CEO sighed, "I thought I could count on you, Jooyoung, but you proved me wrong."

"W-What do you mean?" Jooyoung stuttered as he quickly looked up to his father who now had his back faced to him.

"When I retire, I'll be passing down the company to your younger brother. He will be here in a few days from abroad and stay with us again. You will teach him all about the company and what he needs to know. This is the least you can do for me and reflect on your actions. Do not fail me again. Do you understand?" His father slightly turned his head back, waiting for an answer.

"Y-Yes... " Jooyoung gulped, his sweat trickling down his forehead.

||

Rui's Pov

"Taehyung, you have to let me go before you get hurt," I said for the ninth time as I tried to undo his hands from my waist.

"No! You are under my roof and my rules, which means I can do whatever I want!" he exclaimed as he tightly held me closer to him, our bodies more in contact with the suffocating back-hug he was giving me.

Ever since the night of the attempted assassination, Taehyung has become very clingy to my presence around. His need of wanting my attention started to become more of a necessity for him and wanted to enjoy every second of it.

"Now is not the right time, okay? We're near a lit stove and your hand could get hurt if it's too near to the fire. Let me finish cooking lunch for Jungkook first so that we can send it to him," I told him softly, which was enough for him to slip his hands away but immediately pouted before stomping his way to the huge living room, crossing his arms.

I quickly wrapped it up with a sprinkle of sesame seeds before scooping it into a glass container. I packed a few snacks and a beverage along with it in case Jungkook wanted any. I neatly stacked another container that had the dumplings that I made last night with rice.

I came to the living room with the lunch bag to see Taehyung impatiently waiting with both his arms and legs crossed. He turned his head in the opposite direction, looking at anything but me.

"Sassy now, aren't we?" I sat down beside him. "What's wrong?" I asked.

He turned his head to me except this time with tears. "It's not fair!"

"What's not fair?" I said before wiping his tears.

"I want you to cook for me too! It's not fair! It's not fair!" he repeatedly said before sobbing again. "Why is Jungkook getting all the love? That's not true. You only love me though, right?" he said as his crying stopped and a dark expression began spreading across his face.

"I-I... what are you talking about, Taehyung? I love Jungkook? What?" I questioned, confused by what he just said.

"What is taking you guys so long? I can't have Jungkook starving at the hospital! Now hurry up!" Jin yelled from the driver's seat, his voice could be heard through the opened windows.

"He's right! Let's go now," I quickly said before standing up and running for the door that let me out to the limousine that was waiting for us.

I wasn't sure if my ears were playing tricks on me, but before I could leave, I heard Taehyung silently mumble, "Why couldn't you say that you love me?"

||

Author's Pov

"She's a keeper. We gotta let her come over more often," Jungkook said with his food stuffed in his mouth, "This is delicious!" he exclaimed.

"What do you mean 'I should come over more often?' I come over almost every day," Rui laughed.

"Then maybe you should just come live with us," he said, looking up at her as if waiting for an answer.

The thought made Taehyung tense up, wondering if he would be able to handle it if she were to agree to live with him. That means he would get to see her every day, hold her, kiss her, and do everything that he possibly could think of beyond his desires.

Could he do that? How could he convince her though? He knew she was an independent woman yet he wanted her to depend on him instead. He was filthy rich, had the looks, had all the love he was willing to offer to her, but will she think the same?

She will agree, right?

"No, Jungkook. I can't just give up my apartment and abandon all the efforts that got me there. It took a long time to find a place before coming here. Besides, I wouldn't want to burden you guys with another person in the mansion," Rui said.

"Who will I talk to then? The guys are no fun," Jungkook pouted.

"Make the fun out of it," she simply answered.

"Gosh, now you're no fun either," he whined.

"Stop being a baby," she said before tickling him.

Taehyung silently observed Rui who was smiling with laughter as she continued to tease Jungkook. If only she did that to him, maybe he would feel more secure about their relationship.

What kind of relationship did they have anyway? It wasn't just a friend-to-friend relationship. After all, they did both share their first kiss and did things couples would have done, but they haven't confirmed their feelings or about anything with each other yet.

"Rui... what are we?" Taehyung sadly thought to himself as he looked down at his shoes in his seat while fidgeting with his hands.

||

Please leave a vote and comment❤(シ_ _)シ