Chapter 19

Rui's Pov

Standing on the balcony of my room, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, taking in the morning dew and the rose garden's scent that brushed past me with a soft breeze. I looked up to see the dawn rising from behind the hills and shining down on the city. I sighed and leaned against the palm that supported my chin.

What have I gotten myself into? I could have been sleeping in my apartment, eating junk food, and giving myself self-care, but you know what? I'm stuck here. And whose fault was that? Mine.

I brought my arms and embraced myself to shield my arms from the chilliness.

If I were to fool Taehyung, would he buy it? My acting skills aren't the greatest, his strength is way too much for me to handle, his guards are everywhere for all I know, and I'm assuming that there could be cameras keeping a close watch on me. Considering all the possibilities, there's no given chance that I'll be able to escape from here... huh.

I just have to gain his trust, that's easy enough, right?

I continued to watch the morning bloom in bright orange and light when suddenly I felt a warmth wrapped around my body that made me flinch in surprise.

"Good morning! I was worried that you may have left, but here you are. All beautiful for me," Taehyung chuckled in his morning voice before giving me a kiss on my bare shoulder.

A blanket was wrapped around his body when he held me in his arms with the blanket around the both of us.

"What were you thinking? I want to know what's going on in that little head of yours." He smiled as he held me closer to his bare chest from behind and rubbed his cheek gently against mine.

You really don't want to know what I've been thinking.

"I'm hungry. I want to cook something for myself," I said bluntly with no expression and got out of his embrace, walking back to pick out some clothes to change into from the closet room.

"You're not going to cook for me? But you have always cooked for me whenever you were here. Now that you're living with me, you don't want to cook for me anymore?" he pouted, tailing behind me like a lost puppy.

I stopped for a moment to gather my thoughts from that one sentence. I began to feel sentimental from the memories that I made with him in the kitchen. It struck me that there was no turning back to how it used to be.

"I cook for Kim Taehyung. I don't cook for V," I said before walking out.

I heard Taehyung give in and heave a sigh, watching me disappear into the bathroom.

||

I walked out to find that Taehyung wasn't in the room anymore and that the door was already open. I began to smell the aroma of omelets, sausages, and toast in the air and made my way toward the kitchen.

When I entered the dining room, I saw that there was already food prepared on the table. I walked towards the kitchen to see Taehyung still shirtless as he cooked breakfast for the both of us, his muscular back facing in my direction, completely unaware of my presence.

"Tsk... would Rui like it this way? No, no, no that wouldn't do. It doesn't make it look appetizing. How about we do it this way?" he mumbled to himself as he adjusted the food that was on the plate in front of him. "She said she won't cook for me... If she won't cook for me, I'll cook for the both of us!" He tried to cheer himself up and giggled.

I looked at him with soft eyes before shaking my head.

Okay... okay... we need to gain his trust... we need to gain his trust... you can do this Rui...