Chapter 2

Rui's Pov

It was now the end of the day and everyone scurried out of the classroom with their loud chatters echoing through the silent hallways. 

I grabbed my notebooks and my textbook off my desk to put inside my bag while Taehyung did the same, except he kept his attention on me the whole time.

My cheeks became flushed and I kept on avoiding his eyes while he tried searching for mine. 

"I'm almost done putting my things away, are you done yet?" I asked without looking at him.

"W-What? Me? I-I'll hurry up s-so that we can g-get going quickly!" He finally looked away and increased his slow pace, shoving everything neatly in his bag before leaving the classroom without me. 

I shook my head and chuckled as I swung my bag behind my back and walked out.

I closed the door behind me and before I could turn around, Taehyung's face was so up close to mine that I moved my head back creating a double chin while my feet stayed in place.

I observed his physical features and trailed down from his eyes to his lips. His forehead with his jet-black bangs covering part of it. His glass lenses were large and the metal had a gold color to it. His nose had a small mole under the tip of it and his lips were a natural red glossed with probably his lip balm. The scent sends off a cherry flavor. His skin looked like it had a golden tone to it and his face barely had any acne scars or acne. 

He was flawless.

If he were to be a girl, I would've still praised him to be the most beautiful.

"Taehyung!" I pushed him back gently and laughed while he just tilted his head in confusion.

"D-Did I do something w-wrong?" he fixed his glasses nervously.

"No, but you need to respect my bubble space, okay?" I punched his arm playfully.

"O-Of course! A-Anything for y-you!" he backed away, making me chuckle at his gesture.

We both made our way to my locker so that I was able to get my umbrella since it was raining this morning. It was still raining so we were going to put it to good use again.

As we walked through the crowded hallway, everyone began to give both of us looks. Some even turned their heads back to make sure they weren't mistaken about who they just passed by.

"Why is he so lucky to walk next to her?"

"You know? I heard that he changed the way he looked before school started so girls can come chasing after him because he couldn't fit in."

"I don't even know why I fell for him when I came to this school. That was such a huge mistake."

I can hear the murmurs that were starting to get louder and more obvious as we took each step. I could sense that Taehyung also heard them as well and moved closer to me while looking back at the people who were giving us their attention. 

Without thinking, I grabbed Taehyung's hand and intertwined mine with his. I felt him flinch from my sudden contact but he didn't hesitate to hold on to mine tightly while looking down.

I could hear everyone's gasps from my action but I didn't care because I was looking straight, not giving anyone any looks.

After what seemed like forever, we both finally reached my locker. I opened it and began searching for my umbrella before I could take it out and close the door. 

"R-Rui?"

I turned around to see Taehyung looking down at his shoes, not wanting to look me in the eye, "Yes?"