Prologue.

___________

___________

"Stiles honey" Alex walked into his office,

"Yeah?" He looked up from his computer, noticing an anxious look on her face "what is it?"

Alex sat down, her knee bounced nervously "so, I've been oddly sick this week. I got sick three times yesterday and I never get sick. I don't catch anything, I heal too quick to. And uh.. my period is late"

Stiles raised his brows "Late? How late"

"5 days"

"Alex are you-..

Alex cut in "I don't know. I bought a test but I didn't want to take it without you"

Stiles blinked, "Oh my god. Please tell me you have to pee"

Alex laughed a little, "yes I do. Like a lot, I've been holding it for nearly 30 minutes"

"Go! Go right now!" Stiles jumped up, gently pushing his wife to the bathroom. Alex laughed along the way.

"Stiles, baby I'm gonna wet myself" she laughed.

"No! That's our baby pee" stiles yelled, nudging her into the bathroom. Closing the door behind her.

Alex pulled out the test, they agreed on trying for a baby when Alex's book was published. Which was only a month away, but neither of them would be opposed to the idea of it happening a little earlier.

Alex opened the bathroom door, stiles walked in "how long do we have to wait"

"Three minutes"

"Do you think you are?" Stiles asked, Alex could see the hope in his brown eyes.

"I mean, i haven't felt sick in years. Like physically sick and you know my period is like clockwork." Alex said, just as hopeful.

"Could you believe it. A baby, like we'd have one of those" stiles shook his head, "I would definitely have to upgrade the jeep"

Alex gasped, smacking his shoulder "don't you dare say that. Roscoe is apart of this family"

Stiles chuckled, rubbing the sore spot "or we could just use your car"

Alex nodded, "need I remind you how much that jeep as done for us"

Stiles held her waist, "I love how much you love my crappy jeep"

Alex's phone beeped as the timer ended, the couple jumped. Almost forgetting about the test.

Alex stopped the alarm, she grabbed the text and held it face down "okay, if it's negative we can start trying"

"Yes" stiles nodded.

Alex turned it over, feeling her eyes well "oh my god" she smiled

"Pregnant?"