10. Its not your fault.

_____________________

24 hours ago.

"I'll see you in a few days honey. I love you so much, be good"

Alex looked over to the nanny, "thank you again. I'm sorry to be pulling you away from your family. I'll pay you double"

"That's really not necessary, you kinda helped out. Besides I love spending time with sage"

Alex looked back at sage, she was engrossed in her iPad "please make sure she's not on that for the whole journey"

The nanny - Sarah chuckled "don't worry, I have a very long game of I spy planned"

Alex stifled a laugh, she waved goodbye as the car pulled off.

"She's gonna be okay" Noah reassured.

"I know" Alex nodded, "the sooner she's home the better"

Sage sat in the back of the car, trying her hardest to figure out what the I spy was.

"It's something in this car" the nanny hinted,

"What colour is it?"

"Hmmm, it's brown"

Sage looked around, "oh! Is it my colouring book?"

"Not quite"

Sage looked down at the bear in her arms "oh! It's dots!"

"Yes" the nanny smiled, "good job sweetie, your turn"

"I spy something... pink"

"Oh... is it.. dots nose?"

"No" she giggled.

The sun was setting over the car, darkness soon took over.

"Is it... my cheeks"

"No.."

"I don't know. I'm stumped"

"It's my legs!" She pointed to her pink pants.

Sarah looked out onto the road, noticing the hooded figures. They didn't seem to move, despite the fact that she was getting closer.

"What the..." she honked the horn, turning up her headlights the figures leaped towards her. She swerved the car off the road, hitting the small stoop on the side.

"Sage. Are you okay sweetheart?"

Sage sniffled from the backseat, "I'm otay"

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-.."

A figure grabbed the woman's body, throwing her against the concrete. Sage cried out, watching as they dragged her away.

One came towards the young girl, in a matter of seconds sage was evaporated from the car.