03. Returing.

_______________

_______________

Remember me. My original protege. Wake up stiles.

WAKE UP.

stiles awoke abruptly, sweat beading down his forehead.  He sat up, exhaling laboured breaths.

He hasn't dreamt about void in over 15 years. Nothing like that, nothing that made him feel 17 years old again.

His phone buzzed against his bedside table, he picked up and answered.

"Hey, sorry I had to end the call so abruptly earlier"

"You sound weird, are you okay?" Alex asked, sounding worried.

"Oh yeah, I accidentally fell asleep looking over some files. It's good you called"

"Yeah maybe not" Alex sighed, she was mulling on telling him for hours, but he had to know.

"What is it?"

Alex explained everything she knew - which wasn't a lot. Just that she was venturing back to beacon hills, a town they hadn't dared to set foot in since 2012.

"Are you serious?"

"I know. I don't wanna go, but my dad is so sure and I need to try talk him down. Scott said he's wired on this" Alex explained.

"What about sage"

"Sitter can pick her up at beacon hills, she's just a town over. But god I do not want to bring her there" Alex admitted, exhaling a breath.

"Alex I had a nightmare" stiles confessed,

"Another one?"

"I've been having nightmares. For at least a week and a half. I keep waking up in a cold sweat with only one word to remember"

"Bardo" Alex sighed,

"Yeah. The last one I had, I  could hear him, telling me to wake up"

"I had an episode" alex admitted too, "I could hear him, feel him. I could hear Allison. I haven't felt like that since.. god since the Anuk ite"

"What is happening"

"Something I doubt will go away easily."

Stiles heard the low sigh escape his wife's lips. It appeared as if neither of them could console the other right now.

"You stay okay, I don't plan on staying longer than needed. Promise me if you feel anything... anything at all"

"I'll call."

______

Alex parked her car outside the McCall Household, she tapped on the wheel nervously.

"Momma"

Alex looked in the rearview, god she wished sage didn't have to be here.

"You remember sweetie, best behaviour"