15. Life after -PT.2

_____________________

Alex would admit, over the last week her life had fallen back into the old ways that came with beacon hills. But what was most difficult, was dealing with the overwhelming happiness that came with her sisters reincarnation and the deep sadness that came with Derek Hales death.

It felt almost like a coincidence, Derek Hale admitting to Alex that she was his sons legal guardian and then dying days later. It was a common occurrence, people in Alex's life always seemed to have a sense of death around them.

Alex had woken up in the middle of the night, the sound of Eli whimpering from his room drew to her attention.

Alex walked out of her room, she knocked on this door and walked in, Eli was still sleeping.

"Eli honey, you're dreaming" Alex rubbed his arm gently, remembering what it was like with stiles.

Eli sniffled, his puffy eyes opening; Alex combed some hair back with her fingers, "it's okay, you can let it out"

Eli hugged into her waist, sobbing as he felt his fathers death over again.

Alex blinked back some tears, knowing the feeling all too well. "It's gonna be okay, you're gonna be okay"

Alex held him for Newley 20 minutes, he had ended up falling back asleep, Alex wished more than anything she could take his pain away.

She walked out of his room, hearing the small cries of her daughter.

Walking in, her body was wrapped around stiles. He sat on the edge of the bed, calming her.

"It's okay sweetheart, it was just a bad dream" he murmured,

"I-I.. I'm sorry" she choked, her words getting caught.

Alex noticed the wet patch on the sheet, "it's okay baby girl. Come here and momma will change you"

Alex lifted sage from stiles arms, they both share and exhausted look.

Sage had been having nightmares for a couple days, waking up in tears and taking some coaxing back to bed.

Alex sat sage on the toilet, "what happened?"

"It was dark, you and daddy weren't there" she whimpered,

Alex cleaned her legs "you know, the good thing about bad dreams is that you will always wake up. And you will always wake up to me and daddy"

"No" she shook, "the bad man took you"

"I know sweetheart but he's not real"

"The bad man took Sarah " she whispered.

Alex closed her eyes for only a second, she was so tired "Sarah  is okay, she's gonna be all better soon and so will you. You will always have momma and daddy okay, that's a pinky promise"