Chapter 20-secret hangout

The sky is begins to dim as you quickly make your way into the main room, your heart still beating softly in your chest and cheeks still slightly pink from seeing Neteyam only a few minutes ago.Upon your arrival your arrival you see many dishes laid down on top of the food mat.Each plate consisting of a different dishes.Your mouth waters at the sight; both your siblings are already sat down at the dinner mat, both engaging in small conversation while waiting for your return.You never meant to take so long.

Your parents and you both sit down together at the mat and begin plating your meals, causing Ao'nung to hungrily plate his too-Drool practically past his lips.Before all of you start to eat your mother speaks"We have all this food here in celebration of our returning spirit siblings, I hope you all gave your proper greeting".You nod at your mother while Tsireya exclaims happily"Yes of course mother!".Ao'nung doesn't say much in response.You then ask your mother" How is Roa dealing with the pregnancy mother?".Your mother smiles gently"Just fine" is all she said before she ushered everyone to begin eating.

During the whole meal you think back to what your spirit sister had said to you."If you truly love this boy then you must follow through with it, true love is an extremely rare thing to find and you so happen to have just found it by chance.Fight for it ".What exactly did your sister mean?, surely she didn't mean to go against your family right?.You don't bother pondering on it any further and instead focusing on the meal in front of you.Your whole family engage in light banter and conversation but mostly about the return of the Tulkun. Ronal's aura seems more joyful throughout the whole meal compared to how she normally is.This brings great joy to you, ever since your mothers pregnancy she has been more moody.

After the meal, your whole family decided its best to head to bed as it was beginning to get late and everyone(except you) were busy tomorrow.You plop yourself on your bed mat and begin weaving together the last of a necklace you have recently been working on.Your mind lifts off to Neteyam, you think of how pretty he'd look with the necklace on and how cheerful he'd be finding out that you made something for him specifically.As you continue to weave the necklace together everyone one in your family finally fell asleep, in the room next door you could hear loud obnoxious snoring- definitely coming from Ao'nung.After some time living with him you did eventually get used to hi snoring.

Once everyone is asleep you slowing climb out your bedroom window, making sure to not make any noise once you touch the other side.A small sign escapes your mouth before you steadily walk towards the agreed location.Your heart rapidly beats in your chest, increasing every time you take a step away from your home.If you were honest you've never snuck out of your home at night like this- you were extremely nervous.What if they found out.Eventually you reach and you see Neteyam sitting on a rock by himself.His legs are crossed as his eyes focus ahead at him towards the sky longingly.Neteyam's eyes swiftly shift towards you after he heard a small cracking sound coming from you but his eyes do rest after he realises it is you."Come here my girl" Neteyam whispers gently, ushering you towards him.Sitting next to him your eyes drift towards him- he looked so peaceful under the moon's light.

"Hey Neteyam..."You shyly whisper back at him.A small smirk appears on his face"No need to be nervous my love"Neteyam says slyly before he places a kiss at your temples.Both you and Neteyam stay in each others embrace in blissful silence before you ask"Neteyam?, Do you every miss your home?" Your voice comes out lowly, scared that you touched a sensitive topic.Neteyam's eyes drift towards you before his gaze returns to the sky.He ponders before he says "Sometimes... but you make it much more easier to deal with" you feel his hand on top of yours, thumb gently rubbing against it.Your eyes widen at the statement before you ask"Can you tell me about your home?" Your curious eyes meet his.His heart warms at the sight before he continues to tell you all about his home.While he describes every detail of his home with a bright smile on his face, your hand rests on top of his thigh causing his cheeks to flare pink slightly.He's grateful that you are interested about his home and that it is too dark for you to notice his slight blush.You both talk about his forest home for a while, you also ask many questions curiously throughout the whole discussion.Deep down you wish you could see his home but you know you'd probably never get that chance not yet anyways.