20 | 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒍𝒗𝒂𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒃𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓'𝒔 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒕𝒉

𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐆: 𝐁𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐲 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐫

...🌑...

𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐓, 𝑀𝑌𝑆𝑇𝐼𝐶 𝐹𝐴𝐿𝐿𝑆

𝐅𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟎

𝐈 𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐚'𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐞.

The night was quiet, but my mind was anything but. I slipped out of the car, the cool air biting at my skin, and hurried up the porch steps. Fumbling with my key, I finally unlocked the door and stepped inside, the familiar creak of the floorboards greeting me.

I moved up the stairs quickly, exhaustion seeping into my bones. 

I needed to get Elena's things and get back to the Salvatore house. Stefan needed her, and despite everything, I wanted to help. I pushed the door to Elena's room open and headed straight for the closet, grabbing a bag and tossing it onto her bed. I began pulling open drawers, grabbing clothes, and stuffing them into the bag.

As I turned to grab more, I gasped, startled by the sight of John hovering in the doorway.

"Sorry," he said, his voice flat.

I narrowed my eyes. "What do you want?"

"I thought we could talk. We haven't had a chance to catch up."

"I'm not interested, John." I turned back to the dresser, grabbing more of Elena's things.

"Well, it won't take long," he insisted.

"Again, not interested," I snapped, shoving clothes into the bag more aggressively.

John's voice lowered, taking on a more insidious tone. "I know you know that the Salvatores are vampires."

I froze, my hand hovering over a drawer. Slowly, I turned to face him. "So?"

"What do you think your mother would say if she knew you were interested in a vampire?" he asked, smirking.

I raised an eyebrow, feeling a surge of anger. "Which mother?" I shot back, the words laced with venom.

He blinked, taken aback, and I took the opportunity to brush past him, bag in hand. I needed to get out of here before he could say anything else.

"Selene, wait," he called after me as I rushed down the stairs.

I ignored him, yanking the front door open. "Just stay out of my life, John," I said over my shoulder before stepping outside.