11 | 𝒌𝒊𝒅𝒏𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒅 𝒃𝒚 𝒂 𝒔𝒂𝒍𝒗𝒂𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒆

𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐆: 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐲 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐫𝐚𝐲

...🌑...

𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐓, 𝑀𝑌𝑆𝑇𝐼𝐶 𝐹𝐴𝐿𝐿𝑆

𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟗

Disoriented, I fought to open my eyes. The world tilted, my car upside down, and the seatbelt digging painfully into my shoulder. Blood trickled down my forehead, mingling with the sweat of panic. I struggled to unbuckle myself, but the clasp wouldn't budge.

The man I had hit lay motionless on the road. But then, with an audible crack, his bones clicked back into place. He stood up, his eyes locked onto mine with an unnatural intensity. My heart pounded, terror clawing at my chest. He moved towards me, each step deliberate and menacing.

A scream ripped from my throat. The man paused, his head snapping as if he heard something I couldn't. And then he vanished.

A name slipped from my lips, one that I had no reason to call out but fell from my mouth nonetheless.

"Damon?" I breathed my voice barely a whisper.

He was there in an instant, blue eyes piercing through the chaos. "You look stuck."

"I... I can't..." My voice broke, my throat tight with fear and pain.

"Shh, shh, shh. Let me get you out of there." His voice was a strange comfort amidst the terror. "I want you to put your hands on the roof. Just like that. You ready? One, two, three."

With a swift motion, Damon ejected my seatbelt. I fell into his arms, his touch both cold and reassuring. 

"I got you," he said.

He lifted me effortlessly, cradling me against his chest. "Are you okay? Can you stand? Is anything broken?"

I shook my head, the world spinning. "No."

My head lolled onto Damon's shoulder. I felt lightheaded, the adrenaline fading and leaving a dull, throbbing ache in its place. He set me down gently, but my legs gave out. Damon caught me before I hit the ground.

"Whoa, you're fading fast, Sunshine. Sunshine, look at me." His hands cupped my face, his eyes searching mine. "Focus. Look at me. Okay."

I blinked through the haze, locking onto his gaze. Concern etched across his features, different from his usual aloof demeanor. "Damon..."

"What?"

"Thank you."

My vision blurred, my strength ebbing away. Damon's arms tightened around me as my eyes rolled back. The last thing I heard was his soft voice, laced with something I couldn't quite place. "Upsy-daisy."