17 | 𝒔𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂 𝒔𝒂𝒍𝒗𝒂𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒆

𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐆: 𝐇𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐋𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐆𝐨 𝐛𝐲 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐬 𝐂𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧

...🌑...

𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐓, 𝑀𝑌𝑆𝑇𝐼𝐶 𝐹𝐴𝐿𝐿𝑆

𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟗

𝐀 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐬𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐣𝐨𝐥𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐞.

My heart pounded as I scanned the room, shrouded in darkness by the storm outside. Panic surged within me, my breath coming in rapid gasps. The bedroom door creaked open, and I whipped around to see Damon walk in, shrugging off his drenched leather jacket.

"Hey," he said softly, moving over to the bed.

I curled into his side, feeling his cold skin soothe my racing heart. "You're safe here," he murmured, wrapping his arms around me.

"Why were you outside?" I asked, my voice barely above a whisper.

"Had to board up the broken windows," he replied, brushing my hair over my shoulder.

"Oh," I said, still trying to calm my nerves. 

"Elena's here," he said. 

"Because of the vampires." 

Damon nodded. "And because Stefan told her about the tomb vampires," 

I pulled back, watching his face to hint at what he wasn't saying.

He winced, guilt flashing in his eyes. "I might have...possibly...made a deal with Pearl."

"Anna's mother?" I blinked, feeling a surge of anger.

He nodded, and I pushed myself off the bed, moving to the chair where my jacket hung. I threw it on and sat down to pull on my combat boots.

"I know it sounds bad," Damon said, trying to placate me.

"It is bad, Damon," I snapped, standing up and heading for the door.

I walked out into the hall, my footsteps soft on the carpet. Heading down the stairs, I could see Elena and Stefan standing in the living room, their expressions tense. I stopped beside Elena, offering a small, tired smile. Damon followed me, moving past us to lift a board, preparing to cover a broken window.

Elena leaned in, whispering, "Do I even want to know?"

"I'll tell you later," I muttered, watching Damon hammer the board into place.