22 | 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓'𝒔 𝒅𝒂𝒚

𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐆: 𝐈𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐲 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞

...🌑...

𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐓, 𝑀𝑌𝑆𝑇𝐼𝐶 𝐹𝐴𝐿𝐿𝑆

𝐅𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟎

𝐆𝐫𝐨𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐈 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐨𝐭, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐝 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐬𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐥𝐞𝐬.

The air was filled with the sounds of Founder's Day preparations. The excitement was noticeable despite my discomfort.

"This dress hurts," Elena muttered beside me, tugging at her bodice.

"Tell me about it," I replied, adjusting my dress to ease the tightness.

"Do you see Stefan?" Elena asked, scanning the crowd.

I looked around, trying to spot him amidst the chaos. Mrs. Lockwood's sharp voice carried over the crowd, directing everyone with the authority of a drill sergeant.

"No, no, no, no, no! It's all wrong! The marching band should be in front of the Historical Society. Matt, get up on the float. Boys, I asked you to put chairs on the Founders' Float. Ladies! Time to get on the float."

I continued walking, finally spotting Stefan near the Miss Mystic Falls float. He was in his period suit, looking every bit the part. Beside him, Damon stood out in his black leather jacket and t-shirt, an anachronism that made him all the more striking.

"There," I said, nodding towards them.

As if they felt my eyes on them, Stefan and Damon turned to look at us, surprise evident. I exchanged a look with Elena, who shrugged. I curtsied at them with a small smile, a playful gesture that Elena mimicked.

I moved towards Stefan, feeling Damon's eyes linger on me with a longing that made my heart ache.

Since his confession, he had given me space, and I was grateful for it. I needed time to sort out my feelings before facing him again.

Stefan met us halfway, his expression serious. "I need to tell you something. Both of you."

My stomach clenched. "What is it?"

"I think John is your guys' biological father," Stefan said, his voice low.

My eyes widened in shock. "John?! Is that even possible?"

"There's no proof, but he dated Isobel when she was a teenager, and he was the one who brought her to your dad's office for the delivery," Stefan explained.