9 | 𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒏 𝒐𝒇 𝒆𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒚 𝒃𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒕𝒕

🌑

...🌑...

PRESENT, Mystics Falls

𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟗

"Stop him."

My brows deepened, and I shifted in bed, shaking off the voice that reached my ears.

"He can't wake her."

My eyes snapped open, and I lifted on my elbows, feeling my hair fall out of its low bun cascading around me. I blinked through my sleepy haze and looked around my room. It was deadly quiet, and I shifted, leaving my bed.

A shiver went down my spine when my feet touched the cold hardwood floor. An uneasy went through me, and it felt like someone was watching me. I went still as footsteps reached my ears.

I felt my magic warm my veins and waited, hearing my heartbeat throbbing in my ears. I didn't dare turn around, not knowing who or what was standing in my room. I wondered how they got past my mom's wards that surrounded the house.

A cold hand grasped my arm and whirled me around while air left my lungs.

I looked into dark brown eyes and frowned.

"Please help me,"

She grabbed my other arm and pushed me.

A groan escaped my lips, and my hands dug into the ground, pushing myself up. I lifted my head and frowned, looking around at the surrounding tombstones.

"You're powerful."

I snapped my gaze to hers and frowned at the brown hair and the pale dress. I quickly reached my feet and felt on edge as she circled me.

"Not beholden to ancestors." She continued. "Your power is your own." She smiled. "Be careful. There will be many who will want to use you."

I shivered against the cold. "Who are you?"

"I'm Emily." She answered. "Bonnie and Shelia are part of my family."

I shook my head. "This isn't real."

"Oh, it very much is," Emily said. Her hands gestured from the tombstones surrounding us to the old church behind her. "This is where it started." She dropped her hands. "And this is where it has to end."

"I don't understand," I said, not daring to move, afraid she dragged me somewhere else.

"Selene, you have to stop him." Emily breathed.

She faded into wisps before appearing in front of me. I cringed at her closeness, and her hand grabbed mine.

"You're the only one who can," Emily said.