𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑬𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

Lei'lani had finished talking to her Father and felt like she owed Ao'nung an apology too. As she was leaving, she tripped over her bag.

Jake looked over at her in worry, for she was not known to be clumsy, she couldn't be, she used to climb trees every day of her life.

"Lei, are you alright?" Jake asked standing up, as something that had fallen out of her bag caught his eye.

"Yeah I'm okay, I just didn't see it" Lei'lani reassured her Father, who was too busy looking at the microchip of one of his tapes to be listening to her.

"Lei'lani, where did you get that?" He asked, picking the chip up off the floor.

Lei'lani opened her mouth to speak, but couldn't get any words out.

"Lei'lani?" Jake asked again, expecting an answer.

"Norm shows them to me. I only have a few" She admitted as her Father sat back down, the chip in his large hands.

"Why have you been watching these, baby girl?" He asked, now looking up at her.

"I'm sorry dad, I just wanted to know who you were before all of this" Lei'lani looked down at the floor, preparing herself for a lecture.

Jake chuckled to himself, thinking back to the memories of when he was human. "Come here, baby girl" He said, putting his arms out widely.

Lei'lani approached her Father and hugged him back, "I'm not upset with you Lei, just look after them for me" Jake replied, with a smile as he pecked the top of his daughters head.

Neteyam soon interrupted the heart warming moment Jake and Lei'lani were sharing. He came in, dragging Ao'nung by the back of his neck.

"Tell him what you told me" Neteyam demanded, as both Jake and Lei'lani stood up.

Ao'nung shoved Neteyam away and began explaining how him and his friends had gone beyond the reef and left Lo'ak alone.

Lei'lani had heard enough and didn't let him finish to try and explain himself. She walked over to him, furious. "How could you do this? If he is dead I swear to Eywa I will kill you!" Lei'lani demanded, as tears began to fill her eyes at the thought.

Ao'nung didn't speak, he would have been stupid to. Lei'lani repeatedly punched his chest, crying as she did so, "You skxawng!" She screamed as Neteyam and Jake pulled her off the boy.

Lei'lani sobbed into Neteyam's chest. "Baby girl, he's going to be okay" Jake reassured her, stroking her back in a comforting way.

People could be heard from outside shouting Lo'ak's name multiple times, in hope that he would return, however Lei'lani had no hope. All she was waiting for now was his lifeless body to be found and then she would find away to be with him again.

Neteyam was ordered to stay with Lei'lani by their Father, in fear of her going beyond the reef and searching for her brother.

༺༻

Lei'lani's was still crying in Neteyams arms when somebody shouted from outside, "The boy has returned!"

Lei'lani quickly pushed herself off her brother and ran outside, she cried even more when she saw him.

Lei'lani ran over to Lo'ak, wrapping her arms around him and almost pushing him over and back into the sea. Lo'ak hugged his sister back, "I'm okay, it's all okay" He whispered reassuringly.

Jake walked over to them as Lei'lani let go of Lo'ak. "Hey. Let's have a look at you" Jake said, turning Lo'ak around to check for injuries.

Lo'ak glared at Ao'nung, who looked beyond guilty and completely ashamed with himself.