Chapter 11| Black Snapdragons (p.1)

2003 — W A Y N E M A N O R, Gotham

Many months had passed. Because of being only semi-conscious at the time of awarding Bruce the title of 'Dad', Maisara the next morning didn't remember anything. 

Bruce, mildly disappointed, didn't push the matter much. After all, the only reason she called him Dad was to remind him that he had done the shittiest thing a parent could; forget their child's birthday. Bruce didn't tell anyone about it, even though it was kept hidden away in the corner of his mind for many years to come. It was a core memory.

Disregarding that, he had much more pressing matters at hand. Dick had already been introduced to Barbara. In fact, Bruce and Dick had been working with her for quite some time.

Killer Moth had escaped (That was my bad, it was Killer Moth. Not Moth Man.) that day, but it hadn't stopped Dick and Bruce to go looking for him. The Killer Moth had then tried to try and extort money without leverage from the Wayne industries to which Bruce just rolled his eyes. 

Then Bruce and Dick had managed to forge a plan involving a dummy Bruce. Meanwhile, Barbara donned the Batgirl costume yet again and arrived at the scene to find a dead dummy Bruce, while was later revealed to be the trap Batman and Robin had laid out. The Killer Moth escaped yet again, but this time Batgirl had orchestrated a tracker to be put on Killer Moth which lead the three superheroes to his lair.

Batman and Robin were nearly trapped in a gravity well before Batgirl used magnetic boots to turn off the well and save the heroes. She then found a secret passage, leading the heroes to take down Killer Moth and send him to prison. Since then she had been a part of their team. 

But now it was time to bring her to the Batcave. Barbara needed the facilities it provided. The only dilemma upon them was what to tell Maisara. She couldn't be told to just ignore a random woman coming over to their house, and that she doesn't need to know who she is. Maisara was a child that wouldn't speak it aloud, but would make everyone's life a living hell with her misery. Also, it was just a really shitty thing to do.

Bruce was told that Dick and Barbara had made a plan amongst themselves. Now he, Maisara and Oliver awaited their arrival.

"Did he really have to come?" asked Bruce, referring to Oliver.

"If you want me to listen, yes." retorted she. Bruce sighed in reply, giving a glance to the boy he thought to be unnecessary to this dinner. Oliver, whilst, was ignoring their conversation by playing with his utensils. 

It was a minute or two before Barbara and Dick walked in together. Barbara wore a casual tank top with a plaid shirt as a jacket and mom jeans with converse shoes. It was somewhat similar to what Maisara wore. She wore a T-shirt, sage green like her eyes, with high-waisted mom-jeans and sage-green painted converse. They smiled as they noticed each other's fashion.

"Hi, pleasure to meet you. I'm Barbara Gordon."

"Nice to meet you too. My name's Maisara Tasman."

They both stood up and shook hands, smiling at each other. Maisara looked at Dick. He was nervous. And a great actor, as Barbara would learn.

"Uhh, so Maisara. Meet my girlfriend. Ta-da." Dick introduced with jazz hands. Maisara looked to him. Back at her. Then at him. And then her eyes popped out like she had had an accident with a hockey mask on.

Bruce looked at both of them shocked. Sure Barbara was only a year older than Dick, but he never, and he means never, expected them to come up that as a disguise. It would surely explain why she was around so often but was this... really the way to go?

(THIS CHAPTER WILL HAVE A PART TWO. THIS IS LESS THAN HALF OF THE CHAPTER)

("Istg, this bitch has Alzheimer's. She forgets literally everything significant that happens in her life. What is the point of adding this character, Eli? Kill her off. Make ✨ME✨ the main character" - My proofreader.)

----POLL----

What should be the fandom's name?

My Little Magic Ducks

My B!tches

My Little Quack Quacks (A spinoff from @NYTSKY 's suggestion)