Chapter 11-The Deal

Despite being an emotional wreck after dealing with Nick's sex scandal, Asia finished the week off strong. She caught wind that the contract on a 17 acre residential property had fallen through with a previous buyer and was newly back on the market. Asia fought tooth and nail for the opportunity to be the first realtor to present the listing to Mr. Perry. She scheduled time to do the tour with him on a Friday morning. The property was located in Douglasville Georgia, about 45 minutes outside of the city, so she offered to drive. Asia did a quick hair and makeup check in her visor mirror before walking into Mr. Perry's office.
"Ah, yes! Good morning Ms. Logan." He greeted her with a solid handshake.
"It's 8am on the dot. You're very punctual, a woman after my own heart." He complimented her. They both laughed.
"Yes Sir, being late is never an option for me."
Asia replied with a smile. Mr. Perry was standing next to a tall handsome gentleman wearing a tan suit holding a briefcase in his hand. He looked familiar, but she wasn't sure where she'd seen him before.
"Oh, and of course you know Mr. Lakes..." Mr. Perry said. All of a sudden, the memory of where she knew the man from came rushing to her brain. Asia made small talk with him at Nick's birthday party. Mr. Lakes asked a lot of questions about the penthouse and she vaguely recalled giving him her business card at some point during the night. So, this was the man that secretly referred Mr. Perry to my agency? She thought to herself.
"Very nice to see you again Ms. Logan." Mr. Lakes said while shaking Asia's hand.
"Hey, the next time I'm in Atlanta, we should talk business. I'm in the market for a residence here in the city." He revealed.
"Of course, I would be more than happy to assist you. Just let me know when you're ready." Asia replied enthusiastically, not wanting to miss out on any potential business opportunities.
"Mr. Lakes is the best talent agent on the east coast. I've been telling him for years that he needs to make Atlanta his home. There's so many opportunities for business here." said Mr. Perry.
"You're right about that!" Asia agreed with a big smile.

The ride out to the property was very easy going. Mr. Perry told Asia about how he got into the film industry, the hardships of his young adult life, as well as funny stories and comedy skits. Being around Mr. Perry felt more like spending time with a dear old friend instead of just another stuffy client. They even sang the whole Dream Girls soundtrack word for word at the top of their lungs during the car ride over to the mega mansion. After they cleared the gilded gates that fortified the estate, they entered into a dream. The grounds were so well manicured and the lush flower gardens had attracted so many butterflies and humming birds that just walking up to the front door felt like they were in a fairytale. The estate boasted 12 bedrooms, 14 bathrooms, a full library, a tennis court, an infinity pool, a spa, two gyms, a theater, and even an underground ballroom for entertaining. Mr. Perry slowly walked through every space, taking in its essence. By the end of the tour he turned to Asia and said, "Ms. Logan, I know you have the reputation for finding the perfect property for your clients on the first tour and I think you might have done it again." He spoke in amazement.
Asia raised her eyebrows in complete shock.
"Really! I'm in love with this property. It's private, tranquil, and elegant. Far more than what I envisioned. I'd like to make an offer." He announced confidently.
"Yes, of course. I'm so excited for you Mr. Perry! There is also 10,000 acres of land behind the estate that you might be interested in for your new studio" she added.
"I would love to see it." He smiled gently.
"Ms. Logan?" Mr. Perry asked.
"Actually, you can call me Asia if you'd like." she offered.
"Well, Miss Asia, every year in August I host a charity event here in Atlanta for my non profit foundation, Wings for Women. I would love for you to join us."
"Thank you for the invitation Mr. Perry, I would love to support."
"Great! Just let my assistant know, and she will add you to the RSVP list." He said.
"Yes, I sure will." Asia agreed.

Nick, Quavo, and Offset stood together outside of Guiding Light of God Ministry on a sunny Sunday morning

Nick, Quavo, and Offset stood together outside of Guiding Light of God Ministry on a sunny Sunday morning. Since the group sex tape was leaked and their mothers raised concerns about their salvation, they figured they'd better get serious about living a more righteous lifestyle. Bishop Edkins gave a powerful sermon on the love of God and forgiveness. He talked about the sacrifice of Jesus and how if we are willing to make certain sacrifices in our own lives and align ourselves with the plan God has for us, then we too can seek forgiveness from ourselves and from God. Quavo had to be woken up several times during the sermon and Offset had his eyes focused on his phone the whole time, but Nick was really moved by The Word and was left feeling hopeful and renewed. On that day, in that moment, Nick made a silent deal with God that he would allow Jesus to guide his steps and lead him to the light. After the closing prayer, the guys gathered close together to talk.
"What goin' on wit you Set? Why you actin' so low bruh?" Quavo asked.
"Mane, look at dis shit." he said in a low shaky voice while handing Quavo his phone. They all leaned in and read the headline:
'Cardi B files for divorce from Offset after Migos' orgy is caught on tape.'
They all stood in silence for a few minutes.
"Cardi won't even answer tha phone or nothin. I had to find out from tha blogs dat she done filed papers on me! A nigga sick right now over dis messy shit bruh." He said, while staring at his feet.
"Aye, y'all gone home and change clothes. Let's link back up at Take's crib and watch the game. I gotta put a plan in place for ya'll, can't have boffa y'all goin' out sad." Quavo said, shaking his head is disdain.
"Now Unc, how you jus gone offer up my place as tha meet up spot?" Nick questioned.
"Look, jus fall in line nephew, we got plays to run!" Quavo said with a big smile, showing off his diamond grill. Offset and Nick looked at each other and shrugged their shoulders, not having a clue what their brother had in mind, but decided to hear him out as long as it might help them get their girls back.