Chapter 25- Red Hot

*Trigger Warning: This chapter contains physical violence. Please be advised.

Asia was just putting the finishing touches of sour cream and lime on the shrimp tacos when the elevator doors opened.
"Ah shit! It's taco Tuesday up in dis mutha fucka!" Nick yelled playfully as he walked into the kitchen and kissed Asia on the cheek.
"Hey babe." she smiled. "You ready to eat?"
"Yeah, in a minute. I gotta make a few calls. Aye, don't forget you needa have a red dress before we leave for this trip on Friday." He reminded her.
"Yeah. Me and Dej are going to the mall after work tomorrow." She said quietly.
"What's up? Why you sound like dat?" He asked.
"I'm nervous Nick. I've never been on a red carpet before. And you already know how the media is, they're gonna fry my ass for being with you. You're famous, and I'm just a regular girl." Asia complained.
"Aye, look. Don't ever think you jus average. You mean everything to me Asia, fuck tha media!" Nick pulled his fiancé into a gentle hug and kissed her forehead.
"I'm ready to let the world know that you my girl, and any nigga dat got sum negative to say bout it can eat my dick. Dat way!" Nick declared with a smile.

Asia met up with Deja on Wednesday afternoon at Lenox Mall. They casually walked in and out of stores while sipping their smoothies.
"Ok so, why are y'all all wearing red anyway?" Deja asked with an attitude.
"Well, you know the guys are leaving QC. Pee is trying to lock them down with legalities, so they're showing a united front by wearing the same color in defiance of the 'blood contract' they're trying to get out of." Asia explained.
"So, that means all y'all are gonna walk the red carpet looking like one big period stain?" Deja griped as she rolled her eyes.
"Dej, what's up with you? Why are you acting so soggy?" Asia asked. Deja took a deep sigh.
"I don't know girl, it's just, Qua invited me to go to New York for the show, but it's fucked up because I basically have to hide in the shadows." She admitted sorrowfully.
"But Dej, I thought you said you and Qua are just messing around, nothing more? Are you falling for him?"
"Nah, not like that. I mean, maybe. I don't know girl." Deja whined and pouted.
"Look Dej, I've known Qua for a long time. If you allow him to keep playing around with you without any liability, he will. Figure out how you feel about him, and let him know what the conditions are." Asia reasoned.
"You're right." She said as they walked into Neiman Marcus.
"Ooooh la la, look at this one!" Deja pointed out a cranberry colored Eman Alajlan floor length gown with a sweeping bouquet of silk roses along an asymmetrical neckline.
"This is beautiful. Do you think it would look nice enough for the carpet?" Asia asked wearily.
"Yes girl! This dress will look beautiful on you. Why you seem so unsure?" Deja asked.
"I just really want to make a good impression."
"Just be yourself Asia. You're beautiful, don't overthink it. Nick is going to be so happy to have you on his arm in front of the world, it won't even matter what you wear." Deja reassured her friend.
"Hey, have ya'll picked a wedding date yet?"
"Not yet, but I was thinking about my mom's birthday in April, you know, so I can feel like she's there with me." Asia revealed.
"Aw, that would be so perfect." Deja said while giving her friend a tight warm hug. Asia paid for the dress and they headed to the food court to indulge on Sbarro pizza slices and Cinnabon rolls.