Chapter 34- The Switch

Asia sat in front of Nick's building in the valet lane, contemplating if she should get out and go see him or head directly to the airport. A knock on her car window from the valet attendant broke her silent deliberation.
"Ma'am, are you getting out?" He asked loud enough for her to hear him through the glass. 
"I'm sorry, no." Asia shook her head and drove off. The pain she felt from Nick's past indiscretions still haunted her and she knew that she would be left defenseless if she faced him in such a weakened emotional state. She texted Deja after she made it through security and boarded the plane headed for Toronto, Canada.
"Love you Dej. I'll call you when I land." Asia texted.
"I love you more. Please be safe." Deja texted back.
As she waited for the plane to take off, Asia took Nick's old rocket chain out of her purse and switched it back and forth in her hands while weighing her decision to leave.
After Asia landed at the Toronto Pearson International Airport, she texted Deja to let her know that she arrived safely and took an Uber to the The Ritz-Carlton in downtown Toronto. After taking a relaxing shower, she sat perched in the window of her room looking out over the new city that she knew nothing about. The sense of wonder and adventure that filled her heart felt both scary and exciting as she readied herself to go out and explore the sights, sounds, and culture of Toronto. Asia changed into a white turtleneck sweater, put on her white Manière de voir down feather jacket, and a white beanie before heading out into the chilly October frost. Asia scheduled a property tour to see a few luxury listings in downtown Toronto with the top real estate agency in the city, Fox Marin Associates. She would be viewing the listings as an "investor", but really, she was there to get the inside scoop on the real estate economy and get a feel for if she could navigate it on her own.

Nick temporarily moved home with Momma Treet to rehab his mental and physical health

Nick temporarily moved home with Momma Treet to rehab his mental and physical health. He spent many nights vomiting his soul into the toilet bowl, shivering, shaking, and sweating out the opiates from his pores.
Momma Treet never left her son's side while he went through the motions of purging his addiction. She held him while he cried, spoon fed him when his arms were too weak to eat, and bathed him like a child in his darkest hour of distress. No amount of money or material things could repay Treet for her unconditional love and unwavering faith. Nick thanked God that he had her on his side.
Days after Nick had ascended from the pits of despair, Offset and Quavo came to show him love and support. They all sat at the kitchen table while they ate the leftover fried chicken, mashed potatoes, cabbage, and cornbread that Momma Treet cooked the night before.
"Gah damn, I ain't had ya momma's cookin' in a long time, she always throw down." Offset said.
"Yeah, you know how she do." Nick smiled as he looked down at his phone. His facial expression switched and got serious once he saw the picture of Asia on his Instagram timeline. She was dressed in all white winter gear looking even more gorgeous than he remembered. His heart froze after reading her caption "New Beginnings" under the picture with her location tagged in Toronto. Quavo leaned over and looked at Nick's phone out of curiosity of his sudden mood change.
"Ah shit nephew. You needa gone upstairs, put on ya gah damn, uh, mutha fuckin um, Northface and sum Timbs and go get ya girl." Quavo encouraged.
"Aye, you know them Canadian niggas is weak as shit up there, don't let ya lil shawty become a victim." Offset chimed in.
"Mane look, seriously. Outta all the shit you done did to build this relationship wit ol girl, don't jus let it go so easy. You betta fight for it, or hell, even bite for it like Tyson/Holyfield round three." Quavo demonstrated the famous ear bite as they all laughed hysterically.
Their laughter was interrupted by the news story that came on the living room tv.