Eddie Kaspbrak

This is a short story, been feeling really shitty so imma put all my emotions into this💕

My eyes started to weld up with tears as I looked down at my hands. The cold breeze made me shiver in my winter coat. Eddie stood a foot in front of me.

"Are you even listening to me?" Eddie scoffed.

I looked up from my trembling hands into his eyes. My bottom lip quivered as I tried to hold my sadness down.

"Eddie c'mon!" Richie yelled from the end of the alleyway.

Eddie looked into my eyes once more before shaking his head and turning towards Richie. I wanted to reach out for him, to tell him to stay with me. But my hands stayed interlocked in front of me.

"Bye." Eddie's muttered under his breath. He sprinted towards Richie, they walked away without a glance back.

Tears poured down my cheeks as the cold breeze stung my cheeks. I stood there for awhile, hoping Eddie would turn around the corner. Eventually the hopefulness faded away and I was left alone with my own thoughts. I swallowed, the dryness of my throat pinched.

"I'm okay." I muttered under my breath, the heat of my mouth floating out into the cold dry weather. "I'll be okay."

I wiped the tears, that had already dried against my cheeks, with my cold fingers. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath in. I tried to calm my heart beat but I could feel my heart breaking into pieces. I attempted to hold myself together but the glue wasn't drying fast enough. I fell to the snowy cement. My jeans quickly soaked up the water underneath me. I cupped my hands to my face as tears rushed down my cheeks. All that time that I spent with him blew away with the crisp wind. The memories stuck in my brain like a splinter.

"Y/n." A soft whisper floated into my ear. I shot my head behind me where the voice came from. It was soft yet raspy.

"Hello?" I wiped my cheeks and nose with the sleeve of my jacket as I stood up.

I looked deeper down the alleyway to the woods behind it. The sun was starting to set and the breeze started to pick up again. The voice didn't appear again, even after waiting a few minutes. I turned back around towards downtown. I slowly stood up on my feet and began walking towards downtown, I had to get home before it got late.

"Y/n!" The voice loudly echoed against the walls on either side of me.

I quickly spun around, my heart rate starting to pick up. I squinted my eyes as I looked down the alley. Someone was standing at the end of the alley where I was just a few moments ago. They were short, like a kid. But the voice was deep like an adult.

"Hello?" I called down the alley. "Do you need help?"

"Help me." The voice was soft like a little kid now.

I tucked my shivering hands into my jacket pocket and began walking towards the kid.

"Why are you out here?" I asked as I got closer. The kid didn't say anything back. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

I got close enough to the kid where I could tell their back was facing me. I continued walking until I was right behind him. I placed my right hand on his shoulder and softly tapped his jacket.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked again.

The child's head snapped all the way around, their back was still turned to me but their head was perfectly twisted to look directly at me. I shrieked and quickly stumbled back, falling on to my hands and butt. I tried to move backwards but I had landed on a patch of ice, making it difficult to move away.

The child's face began to deform into something. Before I could watch anymore I turned around and launched myself up with the help of my hands. I began running down the alley way towards downtown. I wanted to cry out but it was like the oxygen was taken out of my lungs. I looked back to make sure it wasn't following me. It was gone. I thudded against a body making me stumble back. I flicked my head forwards, my eyes widened as they moved up. A clown costume was the first thing I noticed, then it was its face. The bright yellow eyes stared down at me with a shit eating grin plastered on its lips.

"H-H-H." I stuttered out, my mind not able to form the words I wanted.

The sun was setting quickly and the street lights started to flicker on. I took a step back, my body shaking uncontrollably. Tears began to pool in my eyes while my bottom lip quivered.

"Help me!" It laughed with a child's voice.

It took a step towards me. I wanted to move, to run. But it felt like my shoes had frozen to the ground. All I could do was sob as the clown came closer to me.

"Mommy..." I mumbled under my breath.

Within just a few seconds the clowns mouth opened wide, its sharp teeth growing in size.

'Move damnit!' The words circled in my mind.

I balled my hands into tight fists and blinked quickly a few times, trying to blink away my tears. Before I could move, before I could do anything, the monsters head slammed down towards me. I couldn't even scream before its teeth dug into my neck. My body went limp and everything went black.