001

Chapter 01: A guide to Na'ris beliefs

Chapter
01: A guide to Na'ris beliefs

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The Na'ri didn't believe in Eywa.

The abducted Na'vi women used to tell their suffering children about how Pandora was believed to be guarded by someone whom they referred to as their "all-great mother." They explained however, that despite Eywa's love and care for the whole of Pandora, she's not to be seen as some law-giver deity— as they knew that diseases, natural disasters, and tragedies were not works of Eywa but rather uncontrollable and worldly forces out of her control. 

However, the Na'vi still believed that she was still a defender and a guider of life that helps, protects, and guides them against those same life-threatening assaults by nature and life.

The elder women tried getting the younglings who were born in a world filled with hatred and war about the principles and laws of Eywa. To give them something to believe in, and to hold on to. But as they grew older, their hopes and dreams of one day being able to leave that awful place dimmed along with the belief of Eywa ever being there for them.

A blessing from Eywa would've been someone coming to the rescue, the doors suddenly unlocking, or a visible open opportunity to run away suddenly appearing.

That blessing never came, so the elders decided to sacrifice themselves for the scared-looking children and make a run for it. A sickening alarm blared in their sensitive ears, the defense system activating right away as sudden explosions, poisoned air, and gunshots from all sorts of directions in those cold hallways were heard through the building. Of almost a thousand people being held captive, only half of them were able to make it out alive. Barely. 

Children were crying, elders were bleeding, and men and women gathered together to mourn the loss of their now-deceased kids, deceased friends, and the death of their unborn children who weren't able to make it. They were scared, badly injured, and with nowhere else to go.

Eywa wasn't there for them then. How could she? When right after that, a herd of Thanators appeared and with no explanation at all, had begun to hunt them down for months, seemingly trying to to wipe them out one by one by one in the middle of the night? How could she allow them to go from a thousand unfairly abused victims to less than a hundred of them due to the lack of guidance and protection? The same things she had been known for?

Their survival process was absolutely brutal for months, maybe even a year or two. On most nights, people barely slept because elders and children had been unable to sleep through their gruesome nightmares and self-torments, children had been dying left and right from the lack of care because their own parents were barely even able to take care of their own selves, women and men had been dying because of unexplainable sicknesses like trying foods they weren't supposed to eat, or accidentally making the wrong move in front of some wild predator because they didn't know any better.