013

Chapter 13: Nor human, nor Na'vi

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

When Reyn regained consciousness, she found herself in a small rocky cave with metal bars that made the place look a lot like a handwrought cell. Her head throbbed in pain as immense confusion washed over her. She remained on the floor, too exhausted to stand as she tried to piece together the events that led her into this mess.

Random and messy-looking memories came rushing through her little by little- Of her holding her most potent USB driver, her talking to some random Na'ri family, alarms blaring at her, and not to mention seeing floating avatars.

These memories were all over the place and out of order, and this only happens when something triggers her dysfunctional brain and makes her no longer have any control of her own senses.

As her vision slowly cleared, the first thing she noticed was the back of a Na'vi's head guarding the cell outside her confined space. Despite her pain and dizziness and feeling like the only way to stop her pain would be just tearing her head off her body, as gruesome as it sounds, she could recognize that messy pile of hair anywhere.

"...Ki'rrëy?"

Her voice was hoarse and dry, sounding as if she hadn't talked in ages. Even with the barely audible whisper, the man flinched at the sound of his friend's voice and he immediately snapped his head around, having feared for her life during the hours he had to stay with her lifeless-looking body. His expression was a mix of frustration and concern.

She tried to sit up, but a wave of dizziness washed over her, causing her to wince.

"Don't push yourself too hard," Ki'rrëy said coldly, his voice laced with anger after reminding himself of what she did. "You caused quite a commotion with your little stunt."

She opened her eyes slightly to look at him. Even with almost no energy left to get off the floor, she knew she had to prepare for the fury that awaited her from everyone who loved and cared about her after pulling the most dangerous move she ever pulled.

"Give me a break, the tics got me here." She said through gritted teeth, not knowing exactly what happened, but still having an idea of what got her into this mess in the first place. However, her answer seemed to have angered him further, as he turned to the side to face her and forgot for a second that they were in the open and he was supposed to act like he didn't know her at all.

"Your tics are merely a reflection of what you already felt inside." He snapped in an angry whisper. Not believing her at all. "Which means you already had plans to come here at some point, you just triggered them to get you in this situation in the first place!"

Reyn huffed in annoyance before placing her hands flat on the ground. She took a moment to gather herself, groaning as she finally managed to sit up. Her hand instinctively went to her throbbing head, and as she winced in pain, her fingertips encountered a rough patch. She looked up at Ki'rrëy in confusion and carefully scratched that area, noticing a huge amount of scabs and dry blood on her fingernails and on the entire left side of her face.