005

Chapter 05: Reyns importance on their team

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Ki'rrëy navigated through the secret tunnels and caves to the Teuila hideout, heading straight to the healers' cove. Reyn had been panicking the entire way, worried about the amount of blood JJ was losing and stressing about the possible concussion on his head from the bomb that had fallen millimeters away from him.

As soon as they landed, Ki'rrëy got out of his Ikran to get the emergency folding stretcher that was sticking on one of the walls to place JJ in, and another Na'ri came forward to help them do it since Reyn would not be able to help to carry him.

"KIYERI!" Reyn shouted as she ran to the main tent.

Kyeri's ears perked up at the sound of heavy footsteps and her best friend's panicked voice.

She looked up from the warrior she had just finished wrapping a broken arm on and noticed Ki'rrëy running inside the tent with some warrior-in-training as they carried what seemed to be one of their emergency wooden stretchers with an unconscious JJ lying on top of it.

Kyeri sighed.

"Shit, this fucker again," The healer grumbled under her breath as she stood up from her seat, giving an apology to her last patient before crouching down to make space on the tent so she could lay a mattress on the floor, since JJ always complained he didn't feel comfortable in the beds.

Mä'reyna looked around in exasperation as no one else seemed to be as panicked as she was in that situation.  Kiyeri had taken a quick look at the girl when she'd first come in and noticed that her eyes were filled with tears, her hands and outfit were completely spattered with JJ's blood from trying to put pressure on his many open wounds, and her breathing seemed to come out visibly uneven.

Kyeri quickly grabbed one of the portable oxygen tanks they had stolen from the Omatekayas and sat her agitated friend down on a nearby chair. She gave her friend the machine, fully knowing that Mä'reyna was no stranger to it since she frequently used it to calm herself down, especially during a panic attack.

"Okay," Kyeri sighs, turning back to the boys who decided that placing the stretcher in the center of the tent was a good idea. "No, you idiots! Put him on the mattress I just laid on the floor!"

"Sorry," the smaller Na'ri says intimidated whereas Ki'rrëy merely glared at her and does as told.

"Ok, now everyone leave except for Reyn!"

Ki'rrëy was about to voice his complaints to the woman who was now running around and searching for the tools she needed to care for JJ. However, as soon as he saw a trembling Reyn attempting to do her breathing exercises in the corner, he let out a sigh of defeat and left them alone.