003

Chapter 03: Caught by the unexpected─── ・ 。゚☆: *

Chapter 03:
Caught by the unexpected

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Fuck! Someone run to Mä'reynas aid!" JJ shouts in panic, hoping someone from his clan would hear him even if it was kind of risky yelling it out loud. His grip on the boxes preventing him from actually saying anything to the intercom.

On his way to safety, he notices a struggling young Na'ri who'd been desperately trying to lift a giant rock from his chest. He had his eyes closed from too much dust on his eyes, but the tear streams running down his eyes were enough to assume that he'd already been there for quite a while. The boy kept trying to communicate on his intercom but it was most likely damaged since JJ couldn't hear absolutely anything.

His blood boiled at the sight of the Na'vi adults passing by and not even sparing him a glance. Maybe it was because the more he moved the more dust dropped on his face and body from the rock which made him almost camouflaged, but he wouldn't make that excuse for them when he himself was able to notice it immediately. Any given opportunity to grow his hate for the Omatekaya or any Na'vi at all, he would take it in a heartbeat. No questions asked.

"Hold on bud, I'm here!" He yells through the explosions so he could be heard. At the sound of their war leader, the boy visibly relaxed and stopped moving around hysterically.

JJ was here.

The boy knew he would be saved.

JJ dropped the tanks to the floor and even with an injured arm, he tried gathering enough strength to lift the rock. He lost his balance at the feeling of the ground shaking after another explosion and the rock dropped on the boy's stomach again making him cry out in pain.

"Hold on kid." He says, breathing heavily before trying again, a few seconds later the rock felt lighter, JJ looked up and noticed Ki'rrëy and another Na'ri woman trying to lift the rock, the man's ikran standing a few feet away looking around them scaredly.

As soon as he felt like he could finally move with the three people lifting the rock from him, the boy basically crawled away as he visibly struggled to move quickly on the rough ground. The woman noticed his injuries and left the two boys to keep holding the rock as she quickly went down to help the boy crawl out. As soon as he was out of dangers way, she put his arm around her shoulder and lifted him up to escape together. She gave the men who'd dropped the rock a quick nod and ran out before the younger Na'ri even had the chance to thank them. 

"Wait!"

The woman stopped and looked back with an agitated look on her face.

"Take this," JJ jogs to her and basically shoves one of the tanks in her hands, not even asking if they were able to actually carry it, "And quickly get out of here, it's Reyn's."