011

Chapter 11 : Tic problems

PS: i have to many repeated words and shit but the show must go on and I can't seem to find a way to fix the mess of a writing I did in this and the next chapter lmfao, enjoy anyways it gets better :))

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Reyn couldn't fathom for how long the poor guy had been maneuvering through their hideout with her in the basket. The boy had probably circulated the place a dozen times, most likely trying to find a place to hide, and she thanked herself for her survivor instincts and photographic memory to easily track and visualize all his steps from the moment he left the only exit she knew.

After what felt like decades later, the boy suddenly made a dramatic turn that caught her off guard which caused her to slam her entire body against the walls of the basket. The boy couldn't handle the sudden weight shift and fell to the ground with the basket in hand.

"Fucking hell..." She whispers in annoyance at the harsh fall.

The basket cover had fallen and she was glad to notice that he seemed to finally find someplace to hide, even if it seemed a little suspicious to see that he'd decided to stop at a random hut.

The young Na'ri boy peered into the basket hole with a panicked expression.

"I-I'm so so sorry miss, are you okay? Did I hurt you?" He stammered.

"I'm fine." Reyn quickly reassured him, wanting to cut off his rambling. "Why did you bring me here, the outside seems like a tent." She whispered warily, not wanting to leave the basket before ensuring she was sure she would be 100% safe outside it.

He looks up for a second to see if there were any noises outside before he looked down again. "Well yes, it's my family's tent. Everyone seems to be looking for you and this is the only place I could think of. You're safe here."

Reyn's heart sank and she was quick to close her eyes and sigh. No, she was not safe here.

Both weren't safe. If any Na'vi decided to barge in and found her in this tent, the entire family would be in trouble. She couldn't endanger these random people just because of her recklessness.

This situation would almost be served as the perfect example of the difference between Omatekayan Na'ri and Teuila Na'ri. The issue with sending children Na'ri who showed no signs of being human-Na'vi hybrids here, was that while they were safer in a physical sense, they lacked the survival and logic skills taught to Na'ri children in the academy.

"Ok," She mutters as she quickly crawls out, checking that the curtains were tightly closed before leaving the basket entirely, facing the main entrance in case of an emergency hide again. "Who are you kid?"