019

Chapter 19: Part 1 - Taken 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Olivia sat on the edge of her son's small cot, her eyes bright with excitement as she recounted tales of the outside world. 

"And you wouldn't believe the colors, my love," she said animatedly, gesturing with her hands. "The sky stretches on forever, and isn't just blue, it's every shade you can imagine! From fiery reds at sunrise to soft pastels at sunset. It's so vast and endless, with clouds that dance and change shape with the wind."

Jake Junior listened intently, his eyes wide with wonder. He had never seen anything beyond the sterile walls of the lab, but Olivia's poetic descriptions painted vivid images in his mind.

"Tell me more," he urged eagerly, leaning forward to catch every word.

Olivia smiled, her eyes sparkling as she recalled her dearest memories of Pandora. "There are mountains that touch the clouds, and rivers that sparkle like diamonds in the sunlight. And valleys so deep, they seem to hold the secrets of the universe. "

Junior listened intently, his young mind eager to absorb every word his mother spoke. He had heard her stories of the outside world multiple times before, though they were always tinged with hints of sadness and longing. Still, he couldn't help but be captivated by his mother's descriptions.

While little Jake could hear his mother speak for hours and hours on end because of how soothing her poetical and figurative ways of speaking were to him, most people around them absolutely despised the way she talked. The scientists would almost terrorize and ridicule the way his mother spoke daily.  They said she had the 'weirdest way of saying things', which angered them immensely whenever she opened her mouth. 

JJ, the smart four-year-old boy had asked her why she indeed talked so differently from everyone else and why she wouldn't just speak normally. His mother had simply smiled then.

'I used to be the only non-American on the RDA. I learnt english through very very old English books. I learned their language through poetry and pretty words,' She explained with her honey-like voice. 'So pretty words is all I know.'

"And the trees," she continued, her voice growing quieter, solemnly reminiscing how different her world used to be, "They're tall and proud, reaching up towards the heavens with branches that sway in the breeze. And the animals...oh, Junior, you wouldn't believe the creatures that roam the forests and plains. They're unlike anything you've ever seen."

As Olivia spoke, Junior's imagination soared, painting vivid pictures of a world beyond his wildest dreams. He could almost feel the warmth of the sun on his skin, the cool touch of the breeze in his hair, and the soft grass beneath his feet.