014

Chapter 14: The Avatars

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

For as long as he could remember, JJ had always known who the Sullys were.

Jake Sully, who was the original peace-wrecker and whose story about being sent to the forest as an avatar and killing thousands in the process traveled across oceans in Pandora, including the Na'ri. In his family was his chieftess Neytiri, whom JJ could not take seriously even if his life depended on it— mostly because of the way she would get starstruck whenever Jake merely breathed in her direction.

Then there were their three biological children, Neteyam, Lo'ak, and Tukturey. Amusement and annoyance followed whenever the eldest Sully descendant crossed paths with them, and then the adopted child Kiri whom JJ liked referring to as an insect magnet after having caught her sprawled on the floor one day with multiple little animals lying next to her knocked out form. Then there was their best friend, or, their human mascot Spider, who wasn't really a Sully but was like an annoying pebble between their toenails. Always following them around.

But anyways, most of the information JJ had gotten from them was because his nosy self didn't know how to mind his own business.

However, due to his very busy and dangerous lifestyle, approaching and engaging with any of the kids while fully knowing that they could never survive such a life, was a cruel thing to do, even if he already despised that entire family and their entire clan.

Unbeknownst to any of them though, the siblings have been on very close calls where they would almost meet due to one thing they all shared in common despite their many differences: their recklessness.

The universe knew that one way or another, they were bound to meet eventually.

1 week after Reyn was taken:

Running through the woods while trying to remain under the radar has never been easy. But JJ pays it no mind as he bolts through the rainforest at an inhumane speed, as he follows the two mysterious gunships that'd been suspiciously circulating around for a while now.

At the sight of them slowing down their pace and looking like they finally found a place to land, JJ grunted in relief after running for the past half an hour non-stop at the fastest pace he could master from the moment he had spotted them.

He climbed the nearest tree that seemed like it could provide enough cover for him, but still could give him enough visibility to see see what they were doing.

"Fucking hell," He grunted, quickly grabbing onto the tree branches tightly after almost being blown off by the gusts of wind generated by the aircraft.