Chapter 2: My Last Hope

"So, the 100 years quest is a dragon extermination mission?" Wendy asks. Everyone seems to be worried now, even me. I mean, if you think about it, one big bad dragon was hard enough, now we need to deal with five more????

"The reason I learned dragon slayer magic was to defeat those five dragon gods. However, these five...they are crowned Gods. They possess horrific destructive power. Each of them is arguably as strong as Acnologia."

"You're kidding me. I didn't think it was even possible for someone as strong as Acnologia to exist? And to think there are five of them..." I say in confusion. Natsu puts his arm around me, "Come on (N/N), if anyone can do it, it's us." He smiles at me. I still feel worry in my gut until he says, "Unless you're telling me you're too scared of course."

"No way," I smirk at him. "Dragon slaying? I'm getting all fired up!" I high five him.

"Natsu is the one who defeated Acnologia. We should be able to complete this job." Erza says.

"No," Natsu says, "We defeated Acnologia. I couldn't have done it without you guys. Lucy thought of the plan and led the spell, Gray and Erza managed to bait him into a trap, and Wendy and (Y/N) helped me kick his ass from the inside. Acnologia was defeated by Fairy Tail and all our friends." His words made all of us smile.

Elefseria looked at us in shock, "So, this is it then. If mages of your caliber cannot complete the 100 years quest, none in all the world will be able to. This is my last hope. My last chance." He say sorrowfully.

"Yep. The last. Because we'll complete it!" Natsu clashes his fist together.

🌊

Southern Giltena, Valeria Region

"Natsu, don't touch them so recklessly. What if they're poisonous?" Erza scolds. "Oh come on Erza, look how cute they are!" I say as I pick one of them up.

"Not you too, (Y/N)." She sighed.

"They look like little walking jellyfish. They must be harmless!"

"Uh...you do know what a jellyfish can do, right (Y/N)?" Gray looks down at me.

"Gray, as a water dragon slayer, deep sea creatures naturally flock to me. I can't help if-" I gag and fall down as the one in my hand jumps into my mouth. "Hmmphhh!" I try tugging it out but it's forcing itself down my throat. Like it's trying to make me swallow it.

"Haha, looks like (Y/N) started eatin 'em first!" Natsu laughs but then chokes as the same thing starts happening to him, then Lucy too.

Wendy quickly gets on the ground and blows the remaining gremlins away. I finally managed to tug mines out. "Bleh, oh my gosh, I can't feel my tongue," Gray helps me up and continues walking but I hear a faint "told ya so" under his breath.

We know literally nothing about this continent so I should be more careful. It's completely foreign, so very new and very unpredictable. Right now, we're headed to Ermina where the Water Dragon God, Mercphobia, is said to be.

"So, what are you guys gonna wish for? Our reward is whatever we desire so the sky's the limit, right?"

"It just sounds so vague. He can't possibly mean 'whatever you desire'" Lucy questions.

"Oh, I know! A lifetime's worth of rent!" Happy suggests. "I'd rather just ask for a house!" Lucy shoots back.

"I'd ask for a cat like Frosch." Gray said.

"There's no such thing." I say to him "Frosch is one-of-a-kind. That's what makes Frosch so special. You have more luck wishing for a Happy." I joke and Happy glares at me. "What would you ask for (Y/N), a sense of style?" Now it's my turn to glare, "Don't start with me, cat!" I point at the flying Exceed.

"I don't know what I would wish for though. Maybe for (your wish), but I'm still thinking about it. What about you, Wendy?" I looked to my left at the girl but she was staring down at her chest, "Um, I don't know either," she nervously said.

"To be sure, 'whatever we desire' is so difficult to grasp it almost sounds preposterous. But...let us not count our chickens just yet. We must complete the quest itself first." I nod my head at what Erza said.

"Yep, but I guess a reward like this befits the 100 years quest." Carla said.

I gasped at what I see up ahead, "Look, it's Ermina!"

We trudged through the completely vacant town. I couldn't see anyone here but for some reason I felt eyes on me.

Mercphobia's POV

"It seems we have more 'guests', Lord Water God." I hear Caramille say behind me. "They're mages from the Southern Continent."

"Another group of travelers, huh." I examine the group but only one catches my eye. Although I've never seen this girl before, I can tell she is special by her scent. 'She smells just like her'

                                                                         846 words