Chapter 10: Burn It All

Black spots clouded her vision and the sound of her friends calling her was the last thing she could hear before the darkness took over....

'No!' Forcing her eyes open. 'Consume the power (Y/N)! Don't let the power consume you!'

Meanwhile Team Natsu...

It may seem like a lot of time has gone by, but this all happened in the span of seconds. "I can't see her," Happy cried.

"I'm going to go find her, you guys handle the Water Dragon God!" Lucy said. "I'll come with you, she'll need my healing!" Wendy offered.

"Only one of you should go. We'll need all the help we-" Erza stopped. Everyone felt it. They all paused at this intense feeling that came. "W-What is this magic power?" Natsu eyes widened at the sudden feeling.

"AHHHHH!" (Y/N) stood up and they all had their eyes on her, she looked like a true dragon slayer; her skin, the fangs, and new marks on her body, even her aura was different. She looked like dragon force on overdrive. All her friends looked at her with worry.

"I can feel the flow of magic coursing through my veins! I'm all fired up now!" She yelled and smiled at them. That put a smile on all their faces.

Letting out a breath of relief, "yeah, that's our girl." Gray said looking at her.

The powerful water mage bolted at Mercphobia with her newfound power, "Water Goddesses'..." she raised her hand to the sky and created a whirlpool of her own above the water god, but this one was way bigger than Mercphobia's and had a bigger opening, "Cry of The Ocean!", a gigantic beam of water from above slammed down on him. He cried out in agony, this was the first attack that actually inflicted pain on him.

"Oh yeah, (Y/N)! Keep it up!" Natsu cheered.

The water god went on offensive mode and attempted another roar. This proved inefficient as (Y/N) pulled her arm back and slammed her fist at the attack, ricocheting it back at him, right in the face. Then (Y/N) rose above Mercphobia again and brought her foot down to kick him on top of his head. It was clear that the Water Dragon God was about to be finished.

'Gotta make this one count!'

The dragon recovered from the attack, slower than before, and was now wobbling from side to side.

(Y/N) created her water blade, and raised it above Mercphobia's head, "Water Goddess' Divine Slash!" Bringing it down, a slash of water flew at him. It hit the water god and he screamed in pain, falling down as it knocked him off balance. The scream reverberated throughout the whole city.

(Y/N) lowered herself to the ground on unsteady legs. "I did it." She whispered to herself before she fell backwards. But she was caught by familiar warm arms, "That was amazing," Natsu hugged her from behind. "Yeah..." she said dreamily, resting her head on his chest as he lowered her to the ground.

"I guess this makes me the strongest member of the team now doesn't it!" she looked up at him. "No way!" Natsu argued. "You're right...I've always been the strongest," she lightly giggled, ignoring the pain in her chest.

The rest of her teammates followed behind, "(Y/N)! I couldn't be more proud of you!" Erza smiled.

"I always knew you were strong (Y/N), but now you're scary strong!" Happy said.

"That was pretty reckless but it all worked out in the end I guess." Gray gave her a thumbs up...'I don't think was a compliment, but I appreciate it anyway.' (Y/N) smiled.

"(Y/N), I'm so happy for you but please don't push yourself too much next time, okay?!" Wendy kneeled next to me and started using her healing magic, "No promises." she chuckled.