Chapter 23: Drameel Banquet

(Y/N)'s POV

We all moved a few kilometers from Draseel...or rather the place where Aldoron was, to a tiny town called Drameel. Apparently, this place was built for the government to monitor Aldoron. After he was destroyed, this huge army showed up. Apparently, this place was built for the government to monitor Aldoron. We left pretending not to know anything, which is why we came here.

I don't know why, but Master and the rest of the guild were in the mood for some sightseeing so they stayed for a while instead of immediately heading back. It was tough explaining the situation to them.

"ACHO!"

"If you're gonna sneeze, can you turn the other way?!" Natsu dramatically wiped his arm. We were in a room at an Inn, waiting for Touka and the White Wizard to wake up, it had been three days since the battle on Draseel.

"Hey! Shouldn't we tie up that Touka girl?!" Max said, on edge.

"She'll drain our magic again when she wakes up!" Warren grunted.

Wendy informed them, "we're probably safe. She won't recover her magic so easily."

"If she fights back, I'll clobber her!" Natsu grumbled to my left.

"Calm down, you've done enough already." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Oh, yeah. This makes us 1-1 now." He smirked.

"You only got this one out of luck." I narrowed my eyes while crossing my arms.

"You seriously think I'm the lucky one?" He asked rhetorically while gesturing towards the cast on his arm and many bandages across his face.

"What are you two talking about?" Gray asked us.

"Nothing!" I quickly answered. This challenge is just between me and Natsu. If Erza found out that we're turning our quest into a game, she'd be pissed.

"Wasn't that cat inside Touka?" Max asked, still confused about the previous events that occurred.

"No, I'm pretty sure Touka is a cat." Warren looked at him.

"This is so complicated..." Nab said.

"For starters, there was a cat named Touka. Then the White Wizard went inside her, which made her into a human." Happy explained.

"In any case, I find it hard to believe Touka was an Exceed to begin with," Carla said.

"So she's not an Exceed from Extalia?" Wendy asked.

"I'm sure of it. She is an Exceed we don't know."

"When she wakes up, you can bet I'll get her to talk!" My hot headed friend growled.

"No way! If anyone's going to tortu-I mean...get answers out of her, it's going to be me!"

"I say we both just clobber her until she tells us what she knows!" Natsu suggested, raising a bandaged fist. "Yeah," I agreed, also raising my fist.

"No. We're not doing that." Gray interfered, lowering our clenched fists back down.

"So it turns out...Touka actually likes me!" Happy looked at Carla. "So what?" She looked at him unbothered.

Another fairy tail wizard by the name of Wes stepped into the room. "Your guard duty shift is over."

"Alright! Let's go get some grub!" Natsu stood up.

"Aye sir!"

"Finally!" I groan, stretching my arms.

🪵

"At any rate, let us celebrate our reunion in this foreign country." Master Makarov cheered.

"Cheers!!!" Everyone toasted their mugs.

"C'mon! Let's go barrel surfing!" Natsu rolled but didn't make it very far once his motion sickness kicked in.

"It's been a while, hasn't it?" "Have you gotten any bigger?" Jet and Droy asked Wendy.

"No...I haven't changed one bit."

"Gray, your clothes!" I said in my seat at the bar.

"Whaa! Again!"

"Ah, it's so good to see you safe, my beloved Gray." Juvia jumped up to hug him.

"You, too." He lovingly petted her head.

Many were shocked by Gray openly reciprocating her feelings. Which isn't something they're used to seeing, not even me and I'm on his team.

"...Then, when I came to, I found (Y/N) beaten up real bad." I overhear Laxus say.

Freed gasped, "Who could've done such a thing?"

"When I woke up, I was turned to stone!" Bixlow looked at Evergreen accusingly. "Well I was a puppet!" She snapped back at him.

"I hope I didn't do any unmanly things!" Elfman yelled.

"C'mon (Y/N), drink up!" Cana handed me a mug.

"Oh no. I need to rest and recover my magic, and my way to do that...is eating!" I pushed the beer mug away. "Besides, I can't let Lucy be the only one sober tonight. These people are crazy." I gesture behind me. Cana looked and saw many fights had already started.

"We haven't brawled in a while, Elfman!"

"MANLY!" Elfman yells as he and Natsu begin fighting.

"I'm surprised you're not joining them." Cana whispered to herself, which I heard but chose to ignore.

"Thanks, (Y/N)! At least there's another normal adult on the team."

"Of course, Lucy!" I smile at her, a waitress comes up to me with my plate of food. I thank her and begin eating.

"No, I really mean it," she continued, "you know (Y/N), Erza always talks about how you can be just as reckless as Natsu sometimes, but every now and then you surprise me-"

"Chair!" Natsu yelled, but not in time for me to duck. The seat slammed into the back of my head, forcing my face into my food. The entire room goes silent as I slowly lift my head.

"That'll do it." Cana chuckles and takes a swig of her beer.

A dark aura settles the restaurant as I turn my seat around and face him. I eyed him down as I wiped my dinner off of my face.

"Uh...I told you to duck..." He nervously said.

"Dragneel!" I stand up summoning my water blade.

"AHHH!" Natsu yelled as I charged at him.

Lucy sighed defeatedly, "so close..."

"They're quite a noisy group aren't they?" One waiter said.

The other one nodded in agreement. "They've been at it for three days."