Chapter 15: Wood Dragon God Aldoron

The Heart of Guiltina, Draseel

(Y/N)'s POV

After that long and painful train ride, we finally made it, and it was worth it. Draseel is absolutely beautiful. It's the largest city in Guiltena, which makes sense considering Aldoron is said to be the biggest dragon god.

There's so many venues, so many food spots, I'm making a mental note of restaurants to visit when we're finished here. Even the citizens look so friendly and kind, this place is just perfect. Now I'm just waiting for the shoe to drop.

"This place is amazing!" I said in awe.

"There are so many people," Erza commented, looking around.

Lucy reprimanded, "Make sure you stay close, you two." She said to Natsu and Happy.

Carla nodded, "And you as well, Wendy."

"Huh, me?" The little girl pointed to herself.

"Look Gray! What a cute bakery!" Juvia gestured towards the little shop. Oh yeah, Juvia's here now. She found us using her "Graydar" and now she's along for the ride.

"Can we find a place to check in? I wanna drop off my bags!" I whined.

"Yes, let's go find an Inn!" Erza leads the way and we follow.

"Since we're all here, let's find a big one!" Lucy suggests.

"You really think we have that kind of money?" Carla looks at her with a deadpan expression.

"A small one is fine," Natsu says while looking down at Wendy. "Why did you look at me when you said that, Natsu?"

🪵

Lelles' Inn

"Juvia can't be told about the 100 years quest?"

Erza responded, "I feel bad because you came all this way. But we signed a contract, so there is nothing we can do. The contract cannot be breached while carrying the Fairy Tail name."

Juvia nodded, "Yes, that's fine."

"What if we add her as a member?" Happy offered an idea.

"No...once we sign a contract, it is final." Erza crossed her arms.

"But she can still hang out with us, right? At least for the night." I asked. With Juvia here, we can take a much needed break, which is also a word Erza lacks understanding in. So hopefully this will be our chance to relax and enjoy this lovely city.

Also, Juvia and I have always flocked together, I think it's because we share the same element. She doesn't see me as a love rival, only a friend. It sucks she can't stay, but at least we get to spend the day together.

Erza smiled, "I'm sure that's fine."

"No worries, Juvia plans to go back soon, anyway. Juvia just wanted to catch a glimpse of my dearest Gray's face." The blue haired mage leaned into his side. "Juvia was so worried."

"There's nothing to worry about. He'll be fine." I smile at her.

"Juvia trusts her friend." She smiled back at me.

"Yeah, we're here with him, too. Don't worry yourself." Lucy adds.

"You being close to Gray is what Juvia is most worried about...Love Rival!" She glared at Lucy.

"We'll take care of the rest tomorrow. For now let's just go out and have some fun!" I put my arm around her.

"Aye Sir!"

🪵

The rest of the day consisted of sight seeing, eating, and partying. It was so fun to just take a pause and go back to our old ways. Our first battle was definitely draining so I want to ravish this night as much as I can...until Natsu and Gray got us kicked out.

"We got thrown out because you got so carried away! How embarrassing!" Erza scolded my pink haired friend.

"Not only that, I'm sick of your recklessness, Natsu! I didn't even get to have dessert. You know how I get when I don't have a snack before bed." I glare at him. I admit, I sound like a child but I don't care. This is a habit I haven't broken out of since I was a kid.

"It wasn't just me!" he argued back. "It's always you!" I shouted back.

"What is it Lucy?" I hear Wendy ask from behind me. I turn my head and see Lucy looking at a map so I slow down to walk next to her because I'm noisy and want to see too.

"Hm, well...I was looking at the map of this town and...it's kind of strange. It has an interesting shape."

"Hm? Lemme see..." I lean over and look at the odd shape. Then, I notice behind me how Juvia has suddenly stopped walking. "Juvia?" I call out to her.

"Did something happen?" Gray asked.

The stilled look on her face switches to a fearful one. "Something...At the guild? Huh...? I can't remember." She anxiously grabs her head, "What?"

"Juvia?" Gray starts to get really worried for her.

"That's right...a member joined the guild. And Juvia thought she was suspicious." Juvia snaps out of her trance and grabs Gray's shoulders. "Beware the White Wizard!" is all she says before collapsing into his arms.

Natsu and Erza halt at this. "What happened?!" Erza asks.

"Juvia! Get a hold of yourself! Hey! Juvia!" Gray shouts at her unconscious form.

Then, to add more fire to the chaos, the ground begins shaking and a loud grumble is heard throughout the town. "What is that sound?!" Happy shrieks.

"What the hell? Is this an earthquake?!" I look around.

"No, this is..." Erza says.

"What is this town?!" Natsu yells. "The ground is lifting up!" Lucy screamed next to him.

"Why are all the townspeople so calm?!" I notice that they all are sitting on the ground very peacefully, which is odd given the recent events. A nearby elderly woman notices our confusion, "Look here, are you travelers? You came to Draseel without any information?"

"Do you know what this is?!" Lucy asks her.

"This happens at the same time every day, so we are used to this, but I could imagine how surprising this would be for your first time."

"Everyday at the same time?" Wendy repeats with a bewildered expression.

"It's all right, it will soon stop. And you should sit here as well. For the earth..." The lady smiles with her head raised looking up at something.

'Okay, something is definitely off'

The unexpected force knocks us down. When Lucy falls, the map flies out of her hand.

The elderly woman continues, "Now, let us pray for the great trees."

"Trees?" Lucy knots her brows. The map lands on the ground next to me and it all clicks. "Guys...the city's shape...it's a hand!"

They all look at me in shock. "A hand?!" Happy yells.

A huge figure looms over us.

"You don't mean that the place we're in is..." Wendy shakily says.

The woman smiled, closing her eyes, "That's true, it's a hand. Draseel's right hand. It's part of the Wood Dragon God, Aldoron's Right Hand's City."

"Aldoron..." Erza gasped.

We all shared a look of complete shock. Lucy's eyes grew so big I thought they'd explode. "Wait, you're saying...we're on top of Aldoron?"

Natsu stood up and looked at the ginormous creature with dread. "I know Mercphobia said he's big but...this is way too big..."

1205 words