Chapter 19: Red Conclusion

3rd POV

The two strong Fairy Tail mages traded blow after blow. Laxus grew to be surprised at the power increase the water dragon slayer had. His words really got cut deep resulting in her putting almost everything into the battle instead of holding back in fear of hurting her friend who's like a brother to her.

(Y/N) jumped back and with a swipe of her arm sideways, a wave of water slices are unleashed at Laxus at rapid speed. "Water Slicer!" 'Learned that move thanks to Juvia.'

"GAHH!" He yelled and held his bloody chest but then his painful expression morphed into a smile. "The red of this blood is what makes the power of the red lightning." He said and sent a crushing wave of lightning through the building that shattered the glass windows.

"AAHHH!" (Y/N) shakily stood. "That was stronger than expected...The Red Lightning Dragon," she exhaled.

"How long are you gonna hold back, (Y/N)?! I thought you were gonna 'kick my ass'" He taunted.

"Don't worry, I'm just getting warmed up." She panted.

'These guys...They're monsters!' Kyria looked at them in disbelief.

Laxus striked the dragon slayer across her face. (Y/N) swiftly kicked his head. Again, the two were going back to back trading blows, "AAHHHH!" (Y/N) yelled. "GAHHHHH!" Laxus screamed. Both were pushing past their limits but also nearing their limit.

"Lightning Dragon's Heavenward Halberd!"

(Y/N) expertly rolled backwards to dodge it.

"Water Goddess' Roar!" Laxus used his fist to punch through her roar. The impact caused the top of the building to explode.

"Guh!" Kyria maneuvered to avoid the falling debris.

(Y/N) stared down the blonde panting heavily on wobbly legs. Laxus eyed her as well with exhausted breaths. They only stared at each other in anger but also admiration. It was quiet until the sound of knees hitting the ground broke the silence.

(Y/N)'s eyes widened at the sight of the elder on his knees looking down.

"T-The lightning guy lost?" Kyria definitely underestimated the woman's strength.

Laxus let out a soft chuckle and closed his eyes.

"What are you laughing at? Is this another hidden technique?" (Y/N) stared at him skeptically, talking very slowly and carefully to not strain her body.

"No...I used all my power...I lost."

"Then...why're laughing?" She asked almost out of breath.

"I don't know. I think I'm kinda proud. Ever since you left for the quest, I was worried about you. Worried that you'd get yourself into trouble." He chuckled. "But, (Y/N)...if you're this strong...then there's no need for me to worry anymore. Now I understand why everyone's so impressed by you."

"I thought I wasn't strong." She said sarcastically, a frown on her face as she recalled the insult.

"You know I don't really think that." Laxus allowed his body to fall forward. "Don't go getting a big head...I'll win next time. Definitely!"

"That's my line, dummy." She sat in a crisscrossed position. "I'm also out of magic..." Looking down at his sleeping figure, "Hmph! Of course you'd fall asleep now! I hope you don't expect me to carry you back..." (Y/N) fell back and started to drift. "...because I'm too tired."

"What a turn of events! The two monsters beat out each other! This is just my luck! Now I'll eat the two dragons...but first..." Kyria took the opportunity "I have to destroy the orb!"

With the third orb destroyed only one remains.

Kyria crawled on top of Laxus' unconscious body, "Time to eat, lightning dragon." she licked her lips in anticipation.

"Kyria, we're retreating." Skullion communicated to her mentally. "Return here."

"Huh?! I finally found a delicious man and woman! Just wait for a little bit!" She yelled back.

"That one is being controlled by the White Wizard." He thoughtfully explained. "If you eat that magic of his, you'll fall under the White Wizard's control as well. Wraith has been defeated. We may have underestimated the enemy's power."

The blade dragon slayer turned her head to the unconscious woman on the other side. "What about the woman? She's not under the wizard's control."

"No, I already told you she's mine to finish, Kyria!" Aira said to her while she stood next to Skullion.

"Ugh! Fine!" Kyria stood up. "I agree that they're all absurdly strong. You two are a fine pair. I want to meet you again." She said, looking down at them with interest.

Backside City

Mest appeared back in the church where the White Wizard laid on the floor. "What is the matter, great White Wizard?"

"Ugh...You must be..."

"I am Mest."

"The teleporter, of course. It would've been much quicker if I left it all to you from the start," she laughed at her own ignorance. "The final orb is over there. DESTROY IT AT ONCE!" She ordered.

"AS YOU COMMAND!"

"The moment this orb is destroyed, the five cities will perish alongside Aldoron! A crushing black to powerful magic! An era of white peace in the world! Believe in me!"

"Absolutely!" Mest obediently said and with his strength, he broke the final orb.