Chapter 18: Fairy Face-Off

We were farther from Lucy's fight but I could still hear her and other little figures going at it. It looks like she summoned Virgo and Leo to help with Lisanna and Elfman, so I'm not worried for her. She's got this.

"HNGH!" I swung my fist at Mira's face. She dodges my punch but grips my arm and pulls me forward, elbowing me in the face. I recovered quickly, "Water Dragon's Roar!" She was thrown backwards into a nearby shop.

I waited for the dust to settle before I made a move. Mira took advantage of my hesitation, flying at me with a door in her hands and swung it at my face. The large wooden weapon broke against my body and I stumbled to the side, almost falling but catching myself. Just as Mira lands a few steps in front of me, I notice a huge chunk of ground nearby. The whole street looks a mess because of our chaotic battle. A few stores are destroyed and there are several cracks in the floor.

"Give up, (Y/N). Come with me and you will be dyed white."

"No way! I don't understand what the White Wizard has done to you, Mira, but you need to come to your senses!" I inch closer to the debris. "Guess I'll have to knock some into you." I kick the large stone piece up in the air and then again, aiming it at Mira.

With that coming her way, she uses her fist to break it and it crumbles into pieces. Since she was focused on punching the incoming object, she didn't notice how close I got. When the stone crumbled, I moved to punch her square in her face. Wham!

Then, I hit her again in the side. Before I could land my third one, she kneed me in the gut. Although it hurt like hell, I knew I could take it, just like I knew she could handle mine. So that means I have to up my attacks. I tightened my fists and heated up my palms to intensify my strikes.

The two of us began trading blows. She punched me, I punched her. I dodged her kick, she dodged mine.

Eventually I became frustrated and decided to take things up another notch. I flew up above Mira and generated a huge orb of water in my hands and threw it at her, "Water Dragon's Grand Splash!"

This caused the street to be filled with water, I watched as the waves sploshed around until it all disappeared into the sewers. When it all cleared, I saw Mira had been standing there untouched and surprisingly dry too.

Mira looked up at me with that same annoying smirk, "Is that all you got?"

I landed back down and created my water blade. "Alright, I'm seriously getting annoyed." I grumble to myself. I honestly only fought Mira a handful of times and it's been years since then, maybe even a decade. But I know we're about evenly matched right now, so if I want to beat her, I have to tip the scales. 'I have to tap into the power I gained from Mercphobia!'

She made a move to attack but stopped, her eyes widened and she looked at me with worry. I knotted my eyebrows but then realized she wasn't looking at me, she was looking past me. I hesitantly turned around to see what shook her, but what I saw only left me flabbergasted.

It was Skullion and Madmole from...Diabolos?! 'Wait, why are they here?!'

It angered me to see them attacking my friends. I may be fighting my guildmates but it's nowhere near the same as what they are doing.

Just then, I noticed that the ash user had made Lisanna disappear. I gasped and moved to help but Mira flew past me at immense speed. I had caught a glimpse of her face and it looked murderous. "Leave them to me!" She yelled, completely over our fight now that her siblings are being harmed.

I saw her charge at the ash user and they began to fight. "Great. If Diabolos is here, then that means Aira is here." I roll my eyes. "I really don't want to deal with her." I sighed to myself.