Chapter 8: The Water Dragon God

(Y/N)'s POV

"You couldn't have gotten a bigger boat Lucy?" (Y/N) groaned as she leaned over the edge. The team was making their way back in an agonizingly small form of transportation. (Y/N) sat cramped behind Lucy with her head leaning over the side.

"Oh I'm sorry, forgive me for being too focused on saving my friends to find a more comfortable boat for you, (Y/N)." Lucy snarled at her. "No boat is comfortable for a dragon slayer." she whined.

"Gray..." Erza huffed as she rowed the boat, "can't you make a boat out of ice?" "Yes, I can. But you should know. It'll only look like a boat."

"What's the point of being a maker mage if you can't make a functional boat?" (Y/N) squinted her eyes at him.

"What's the point of being a water mage if you get seasick?" Gray snapped back at her.

The water dragon slayer glared at him, "Don't make me crawl up there Fullbastard, I will-"

"You'll what? Throw up on me?!" Gray retorted. "YES! YES I WILL!" she yelled.

"I'd like to see you try barnacle face!"

"Oh you-"

"Enough!" Erza yelled. "The only thing that could make things worse is you two arguing!"

"Gray started it. Why's he picking on the injured anyway?!" (Y/N) whined. "(Y/N), I really don't want to hear it." Erza rolled her eyes.

"Hey! Can't we just fly?" Happy suggested.

"You're right." Carla said. Carla grabbed Wendy and Happy grabbed Natsu. "Hey," (Y/N) reached her hand up, "What about me?" her voice was shaky. Natsu was lowered so he could pick her up.

Now that she wasn't restricted by her motion sickness, (Y/N) went into her water goddess form and summoned wings of her own.

A/N: This is what I imagine her form and sword looking like but feel free to use your own imagination. Fan art by Prattt05 on twt

 Fan art by Prattt05 on twt

Derxon2 on twt