[Nothing much]

I was finally back home, at maybe a little bit past 4. Dad was sleeping peacefully on the couch while Tuck was relaying our outing to Mom, who listened with interest.

As soon as we touched down on home-base I hurried up the stairs and into my room. Earlier in the week I'd planned a Bounty Hunt with three of my best friends Tyler, Iku and Wendy. It was going to be so much fun.

But unfortunately I lost track of time and we got back a little late. After lunch the next thing on the list was a video tour of the Academy, but we wisely decided not to bother. They all seemed so sad that we were leaving so soon.

Oh please, so soon would've been 2 hours ago.

'God they've probably already started the mission. Fuck!' I fretted internally. I kicked the door shut and collapsed into my wide gaming chair.

My hands flew to my phone and quickly dialed Tyler, my cousin. While the line rang I fiddled with my PC. Soon enough the game was loading up.

"Jeez! Octo! Where've you been we started like 30 minutes ago!" Tyler came screeching once he picked up. I fiddled with my sneakers while I replied him.

"Dude I was at some meeting! Like- for that school I got accepted to! Anyway it doesn't matter let me into the party."

"Sure sure." I pulled on my headphones and hopped on to the call with the rest of the crew.

"There he is! Don't worry we haven't gotten very far yet." came a voice that no doubt belonged to Wendy. I chuckled and watched as my avatar calibrated. He was a short stubby gnome looking  guy with lots of shiny accessories on him. 

As soon as I spawned into the world, I began waddling slowly towards the little arrows that indicated where my friends were.

"Acto moi man! You been out at a conferince aall day naw?" my friend Ike piped up. His family had just moved out of Jamaica like a month ago so his accent was clear as day. I groaned into the mic.

"It's not even my fault i swear, I didn't even know till like an hour before it started!" I valiantly defended myself. "Just my rotten luck too" Wendy's scream-laugh rang through my headphones and I winced.

"Fuck! Wendy!" Tyler complained. 

I'd finally found my group by an abandoned nursery and jogged up to them. "Steel time enaf to call and tell me you'd be late. Naw been kickin' heels weitin' on you" Ike scolded me.

"Oh relax Ike. Why keep arguing when we can start trying to find this person. What's the credentials? Come on lemme see." I persuaded Ike and he let it go, sighing.

"Sweet! The scroll says our target is an old lady who lives somehwere in the heart of the woods! She apparently runs an underground black market for body parts and such." Wendy explained to me.

"Alright." I said, cracking my knuckles. "Let's get ourselves some bounty. Come on guys!".

* * * * * * * * *

A low knock from my room door shook me from my uncomfortable sleep. I yawned and sat up straiight in my chair, groaning in pain as my arms regained feeling.

The light from my PC nearly blinded me when my eyes adjusted. Why the hell was it still on?

The knock came again, louder this time. 

"Who is it?" I mumbled in a raspy voice. Of course i didn't expect them to hear me. I stood up and stumbled around the dark room. It must be around 7pm.

At last I pulled open the door and saw my Mom waiting there. She gave me a once over and then sighed.

"Have fun with your friends?" she asked dryly.