Chapter 14

Octo

Octo

Knock! Knock!!

Knock! Knock! Knock!

My eyes peeled open groggily. The room was dark now, so dark I couldn't see my own hand. I licked my lips and swallowed, gagging at the taste of my mouth.

Knock! Knock!

There was that knock again. I got up from the uncomfortable, cramped position, I'd fallen asleep in and stretched slowly. That heavenly feeling as my bones cracked and regained feeling didn't help to wake me up properly.

"Octo? Hey, are you in?" a muffled voice came from the door. I blindly felt my way through and pulled it open, the lights of the hallway giving me a mild headache.

When my vision stopped swimming and focused on the person in front of me, I saw Rory. He was wearing a blue shirt with clouds on it and matching trousers. 

"Oh. Hi, Rory. Sorry I was sleeping." I said, nervously placing my hand on my neck. He smiled at me and waved dismissively.

"Don't apologize. I only came to see if you wanted to walk with me to dinner." he asked. I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"Dinner? But it's just.." I looked down at my watch. It read 6:15. "What!?" I yelled incredulously. How long had I been asleep?

Rory cringed "Not so loud. What's the matter?" 

"I didn't realize I'd been out for so long. Sorry." I felt a little stupid for raising my voice.

"Don't apologize. And hurry if you do want to walk with me. Dinner started since 6." He informed me. "I'll wait out here."

I gave him a quick thumbs up and shut the door, flicking the lights on. My eyes scanned the room for my suitcase, but it was MIA. So I fished my toothbrush out of my pocket (yeah I kept it there) and rushed into the bathroom.

I washed my teeth, washed my face, and fixed my hair. All in under 3 minutes. I quickly made my way back to the door and flung it open, peering out to check for Rory.

"All set?" He piped up. He stepped out in front of me. I closed the door behind me. 

"Yep.", then I thought maybe I should ditch the smelly grey sweater I had on. "Actually wait a sec."

I dashed back in and pulled it off, leaving me in just my Lazy Town T- Shirt. I came back out and carefully shut the door behind me.

"Alright, let's go." I breathed out. He smiled and we started walking.

"So, I assume you haven't unpacked yet?" Rory said, briefly glancing at me.

"Haa, yeah. I guess I was just so tired." I admitted sheepishly. We turned a corner and slipped through some double doors. In this corridor there were lots more children walking to and from the direction of the dining hall.