What Documents?

Octo

Octo

"It's quiet and still
at the end of the day" ♧

I sat at the kitchen table, slowly munching on some 'Chips Ahoy!' trying hard not to fall asleep. 

It's Monday morning. The first day. I'm going to be moved into the Academy where I'll stay for possibly the next six years of my life. It's daunting, I'll be the first to say it.

Dad is packing me a little something to eat though I'm not sure why. He just loves doing things no one asked him to.

He glances at me from where he's pouring chocolate syrup in a cup. "Go on and get your bags. Mom's driving us out in 10." I nod barely and slip off the stool.

Philo sees me as I'm climbing up the stairs. Apparently she's coming with us. She was wearing a beige colored crop top and shorts. I snorted.

"I heard it's going to be chilly out. Wear heavy earrings so you don't catch a cold." She stared at me with confusion written all over her face.

"Anyways...Need help moving your stuff?" she asked following me into my room. My gaze swept across my room, burning the image in my head.

The bed was freshly and neatly made, the desk cleared and all the posters on the walls had been rolled up and packed into my case. My bags stood off to the side- about 3 of them- full of the life that'd been drained from my room.

I exhaled nervously and placed my hand on one of them.

"Yeah thanks for offering. Take that one and come with me. Try not to damage anything though." she grunted and heaved up a sizeable duffel bag.

"Woah what's in here?" As we walked down the stairs I glanced at her from the corner of my eyes.

"Books. Duh." I said looking back where I was going. Dad had already opened the door for us to come through. 

I shimmied through the door and held it open  for Philo to walk through. Our cat Bear trotted out after her and suddenly began rubbing against my leg.

"Hi kitty..." I whispered, smiling.  I reached down and picked her up, then continued down to the car.

The backseats had been pushed down flat to make more room for my stuff. Dad and Philo worked together to lug the bags in. Once done Mom came out of the front door with my last two cases.

"Octopie it seems you forgot these. Here you go. Now everyone in the car!" she shoved them into my hands and Bear nearly fell off. That would be bad, seeing as she has only 2 lives left (I've been counting).