Zzzzz

The soft taps of a keyboard fill your ears as you wake up. You blink the sleep out of your eyes, noticing how your arms wrap around L's waist as he studies his laptop screen peacefully. Gripping his shirt slightly, L notices you waking up and takes a hand off his keyboard. He pets your hair lightly while he scrolls down a spread sheet.

"Good morning angel. Did you sleep well?" You nod and hug L's waist softly, your muscles slowly waking up.
"I didn't know when you would wake up, so I got breakfast myself."

"Really?" You ask in a sleepy voice, sitting up and rubbing your eyes.

"Well, the best breakfast I could make with my inexperience in cooking." He grabbed a plate of pop tarts off the bedside desk and showed them to you. You giggle at his honest attempt to feed himself and kiss his cheek.

"Its better than nothing I suppose." You say with a smile. 
"Can I have one?" You ask pointing at the plate.

"Yes. I made a few extra so you could have some when you woke up." L hands you the plate and you glow inside.

Cuddling up to L's side, you place your head on his shoulder. A warm fuzzy sensation floats around your chest. You take a bite of your breakfast, looking over the computer screen while you chew. L places his head on yours and your heart flutters with soft adoration.

"I started doing some research on a new case a few hours ago." L says, tapping away on his keyboard.
"Japan recently saw an unusual increase in prison inmate deaths. They don't appear to be suspicious, most seemed to have died by heart attack, but the shear volume of deaths is certainly not normal."

You fix your face in confusion at L's brief summary of the case.

"How do you think that is possible?" You ask before taking another bite of pop tart.

"I'm not sure, but if it continues, I may intervene to help the ICPO and their inevitable investigation."

"That's fair." You whisper, eating more pop tart. 

"If I open an investigation, I will need to go to Japan to further my research. I've already contacted Wammy about getting transportation there on short notice." L lifts his head off of yours to look at you.
"Would you come with me Y/N?"

You lift your head off his shoulder and look at his nervous expression. His eyes are full of worry, as if you could ever say no to such a simple request. You softly smile and place a soft kiss to his nose.

"Of course I'll go with you L. I can pack our things later today." You watch his muscles relax as relief washes over him. 

"I'm happy to know I will have you by my side." He leans in to briefly kiss you.
"Sweet..." He mumbles to himself, surprised by the taste of your lips. 

Sticking out his tongue, L licks around your lips a few times, lapping up the crumbs around your mouth. You giggle at the ticklish sensation, pushing back slightly. 

"L, I just woke up." You smile.

"Sorry..." L nods and goes to turn his head. You place a hand on his cheek and give him one last kiss.

"Its okay L." L lets out a small smile before returning to his computer screen.

You take the final few bites of your pop tart while watching L scroll and type. L yawns slowly while he stretches out his arms above his head.

You look worriedly into his eyes. Feeling you grab his hand, L looks to you confused.

"Did you sleep much last night?" You ask.

"No. I watched you fall asleep, and then I went and got my computer." L states plainly.

"Okay," you pause. Letting your head fall, you watch your thumbs stroke L's hands while you think.
"That previous case had lots of paper work. If you need some rest, you should take it. You are still human L, you need time to rest and recover too."