Yearning

The next few days were uneventful for you, but crucial to the case. You went about your usual duties, maintaining the boys rooms, bringing them treats, and occasionally adding input to the conversation. It could be boring at times but you gave the detectives their space so the case could be solved as soon as possible. From the times you brought in tea and sweets, you could tell Matt, Mello, and Near's addition to the case was making it move forward faster than usual. 

Bringing in the boys dessert orders for the evening, you listen to the boys talk about their plans to take down the gambling ring at the end of the month. You placed down some chocolate bars, slices of cake, and tea overhearing Near explain his plan with the toy figurines on the table. You smile at L before turning to leave, knowing L would want you back in a few hours to take the boys to sleep.

~

You sat reading in your room when your phone vibrated on the table. 

Bedtime. 

Just as scheduled, it was time to bring the boys to their rooms. As you shut the door to your room, your phone vibrates in your apron.

When you're done with them, get ready for bed and meet me in my bedroom.

You feel your heart flutter at the notification. The possibility of getting L for yourself for a few hours fills you with excitement. You make quick work of bringing the boys upstairs and saying goodnight before you swiftly move back to your room. 

Security cameras littered the entirety of the building. Sometimes the only thing lighting the hallways were the red lights from the cameras but most of them were off most of the time. There is one in your room as a result. You could usually tell when it was off because the red light would not be illuminated but every so often, it would turn on, and you would be enticed to put on a show for L. 

Not wanting to get too ahead of yourself, you act casual at the sight of the illuminated red light. You undo your apron and tug down your skirt, pushing your butt out a bit as it hits the floor. Undoing your shirt buttons with one hand, you grab a comfortable shirt and pair of shorts out of your wardrobe. You toss your shirt in the hamper before turning to the camera. You unclasp your bra letting it fall to the floor. Putting your arms up to stretch, you push out your chest. You relax your arms before putting on the clothes you had pulled out.

Popping your phone in your pocket, you head down to L's bedroom to join L. He sits perched on his bed, shutting his laptop as you walk in.

"Hi L." You carefully turn the nob to silently shut the door behind you.

"Hello angel. You're probably wondering why I brought you here."

"Maybe a little..." You mumble, joining him on the soft bed. He places his laptop on the bedside table before patting his thighs.

"Sit in my lap while I explain." 

He watches you as you sit down to straddle his hips. You place your face in the crook of his neck, smelling the lingering strawberry scent from his cake on his skin. You wrap your arms around his neck softly, relaxing into his touch as you feel his arms snake around your body in return.

"I know I've been distant lately," L draws circles into your back as he speaks. "My solitude at the start of the case, focusing my time on my successors... and you know my distaste toward public displays of affection, especially around the boys." You nod in understanding as L continues. 

"I've also felt a bit distracted lately by thoughts of you. I wonder if you're doing okay, if you miss me, want more of my affection. I'm sorry our last time alone was only to pleasure me. I still owe you for your work that night." L pushes on your shoulders lightly. You lift your head to meet L's eyes.