🂶 15 🂶

Chapter 15

"And life went on. It was not the same. But it went on."

Chishiya was aware of what he was getting into, but it shouldn't have mattered much to him. He invited Chiyoko to dinner just to annoy Aina. He was never interested in even talking about deeper topics with Chiyoko, he was only bothered by her presence and the way she looked at him every time they met. She was annoying, pushy and it was too noticeable she was interested in him. If Chiyoko knew him at least half as well as Aina, she would know that such things do not apply to him.

Aina couldn't take her eyes off Chishiya. She was looking at him walking down the sidewalk and typing something on his phone. She didn't believe what he said. She didn't want to believe that he would really ask Chiyoko out. She expected a different answer from him. She definitely didn't want to hear what he said. That's why she looked frozen and couldn't tear her eyes away from him.

Finally, as Chishiya rounded the corner, she let out a loud, angry sigh and grimaced, tossing her cigarette butt to the side of the sidewalk. With a loud stomp, she went to the door of the house and angrily opened them, where she immediately threw her bag, as she suddenly slammed the door behind her.

She was angry, devastated. She was suffocating so many feelings that were building up inside her and she needed to get them out. So she let the tears fall from her eyes and leaned against the front door. She was afraid that for a while she felt their relationship was going in the right direction, but in the end it would only turn out that Chishiya was either faking everything or he didn't feel the same way as Aina. As if he always had the need to ruin everything they had built between them.

Aina bent down to pick up a shopping bag full of ingredients and walked over to the kitchen counter, where she unloaded the entire bag and then put things back where they belonged. While all this, she was trying to wipe away all the tears that were gathering on her cheeks.

"You're so fucked up!" Aina cursed out loud to herself, realizing that maybe if she hadn't taken it out on Chishiya, this might not have happened. He didn't have to say it. He didn't even have to think about it, but she planted a bug in his head with a single sentence and gave him an idea he was willing to implement.

Aina then reached for her phone in the pocket of her sweatshirt, which also contained the money that Chishiya had put there. When she touched the hem of the pocket, she was reminded of the scene that happened a moment ago. How Chishiya touched the same spot when he was gaving her money there. His fleeting touch on her sweatshirt did wonders to Aina's imagination and she imagined and remembered how he had once touched her skin with the same ease.

She closed her eyes and tilted her head back slightly and sighed.

She missed him. She missed him so much and she was in so much pain that for a brief moment she wished she could go back to the Borderland and relive those moments over and over again. But this thought immediately left her mind when she remembered the torments she was experiencing alongside all that beauty.

What her friends were experiencing, what she and Chishiya were experiencing.

Aina walked slowly to the couch, where she sat down with her phone in hand and saw a notification light up on its display announcing a message from Arisu.

Arisu : I have good news. Usagi is on the right track. We are supposed to meet today.

Aina: Excellent! I am happy for you.

Arisu : How's it going with Chishiya?

Aina : Not good. It's a long story.