🂨 27 🂨

"Some days I wish I could go back in life. Not to change anything, but to feel a few things twice."

Chapter 27

Aina did not respond to the message further and with a furrowed brow, she made her way to the window. She gently pulled back the curtain and peered out through the glass.

That's when she saw Chishiya walking away from their house down the sidewalk. Aina watched as he slowly approached the nearby lamp and pulled the hood of his hoodie off his head.

Exhaling with stress, she threw the phone on the bed and nervously lay down on the soft mattress.

She pulled the quilt close to her and covered herself with it up to her chin. Her forehead was turned towards the ceiling, which she was staring at in the dark.

The thought of Chishiya kept running through her mind. At that one long look at his exposed body and how charmingly he behaved in her mother's presence. About how he wrote to her that he would like to come to the dinner her mother mentioned.

But she didn't want it. She didn't want him to show up here again after the way he treated her. She didn't want to forgive him for ripping her off. That he's making fun of her feelings. It looked like he enjoyed watching her react to different situations.

It looked like he couldn't make up his own mind about what he wanted out of life. As if he was struggling with inner feelings that were unknown to him. As if he was afraid of them and did not want to give in to them.

However, Aina came to her senses very quickly and realized that even though it was Saturday, her shift at work was coming up. Therefore, she quickly stood in front of the closet and got dressed. Afterwards, she washes herself and goes to the bathroom.

"I thought you had the day off." Aina's mom said before seeing her leaning against the door frame in the hallway and putting on her white sneakers.

"I'm doing instead of Mia." Aina said as she tripped over her own foot and almost fell but managed to catch herself on the wall.

Aina's mom just nodded but finally asked, "Are you going to let that boy, I mean, Doctor, know," She smirked and then added, "about that dinner?"

"I already told him about it. He won't come." Aina lied and gently looked away from her mother.

"Ow, why?"

"Mom, I told you that he doesn't go to events like this. He's not that type." Aina took her coat and purse from the hanger on the wall.

"So you know him well, huh?" Aina's mom crossed her arms over her chest and watched as her daughter let out a loud sigh and wordlessly opened the door.

"Too good." She said to herself and slammed the door behind her.

Aina took her phone out of the pocket of her purse and texted a message to Chishiya, which she immediately sent.

Aina: There will be no dinner.

Chishiya: Did your mom cancel it, or did you?

Aina just grinned sarcastically at his rambling message and decided to hide the phone in her coat pocket for the whole day.

.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

She spent almost the whole day at work. She hadn't planned to work until 4:00pm, but her shift with Kaito stretched until 6:00pm today.

"Aina, put it down already." Kaito leaned his hands on her desk and looked into her eyes with a smirk on his lips.

"I have to finish it. Mia will be furious." Rather, Aina looked back at her order papers and slammed her pen on the table nervously.