chapter thirty seven

"Let's meet again, for the first time."

Chapter 37

Aina's brow furrowed. She let a deep breath escape her lips and then brought them together in a tight straight line, looking away from Chishiya to the purse she had placed her phone in.

"Don't make a fool of me. I thought you would text me during the day and not just before I finished work." She said while looking ahead.

"No one is making a fool of you, Aina." He replied with a grin on his face and squeezed the steering wheel hard in his hands.

"Why did you come for me?"

"Shouldn't I have done that?"

Aina's gaze turned to the boy sitting next to her, the smile still on his face. She had no idea what he was up to, but at the same time she liked his behavior.

"At least tell me where we're going." Aina said, placing her hands on her knees as she looked impatiently at the road ahead.

They suddenly stopped at a traffic light, and thus Chishiya had the opportunity to look to the right, where a nervous Aina was sitting.

"Where would you like to go?" he gave her a questioning look, his gaze quickly slipping to her lips.

He had the urge to reach out and touch them, but at the same time he resisted trying to do so.

Aina was drowning under his eyes. She felt his gaze pierce her body so deeply that she would feel it for a very long time. With little parted lips, she looked away when the car moved forward.

"I should go home. I'm quite tired."

Chishiya's previous smile disappeared from his face. He didn't expect this answer. He thought that she would try to spend as much time with him as possible.

"I thought we would talk. That's why I came for you." Chishiya breathed out.

"We can talk now in the car while you drive me home." The girl said while sitting next to him.

She felt sweat pouring down her body, which was formed from the nervousness that Chishiya was causing her. One never knows what one is up to with him. Although she was flattered by the way he was treating her, she felt that something was wrong. But maybe it was just a feeling. She hated this uncertainty.

"I don't think we'll have time to talk in such a short time." Chishiya said as he lightly turned the steering wheel to the left.

"Why?" Aina furrowed her brow and turned her gaze to Chishiya, who chuckled softly at her question.

"There are still many things on my mind. Especially the ones about us. About you and how you claimed from the beginning that we knew each other."

Aina's breath stopped for a small moment. She had no idea that this was exactly what he wanted to talk about. She thought Chishiya didn't take these stories of hers seriously and even forgot about them.

But she had no idea that Chishiya thought about it almost every day and every night. Maybe he thought about it even more than he should have. It kept him awake, because he himself had a strange feeling about this girl from the beginning.

"I thought you forgot about it."

"Why should I?"

"You never talked about it." Aina's eyes drifted to her feet, which she nervously crossed and sighed.

"You didn't talk about it for a long time either. Does that mean you forgot about it too?" Chishiya smiled sarcastically at Aina and waited anxiously to see what she would say to him.