🃔 22 🃔

"You're gone, but you're everywhere."

Chapter 22

Aina waited for Chishiya to write back, but in vain.

She sighed, put the phone in the pocket of her blue jeans and threw the finished cigarette on the ground, somewhere in the grass next to the sidewalk.

She put both hands in the pocket of her jacket and with a sigh she made her way back home.

Chishiya was still leaning on the railing of the balcony, taking one last drag on his cigarette.

He immediately threw the last piece of cigarette he was pressing between his fingers into the darkness under the balcony. He took a loud breath and slowly walked back to his room.

He was about to sleep, but his mind kept him awake for a very long time, even though he was already in bed.

His right palm was placed just above his stomach, touching his white T-shirt. He ran his left hand over his face, trying to shake his thoughts away.

He needed to rest, but his thoughts always wandered to Aina. He was losing his temper as he discovered how a few simple thoughts about one person could derail him from functioning normally in his life.

"Shit!" He said silently before slamming the fist of his left hand into the mattress.

His eyes fell on the bedside table where he kept his phone, hypnotizing it to light up as a sign that Aina had messaging him again.

After a while, however, he gave up and turned to the opposite side, thinking it would help him banish the chaos going on in his head.

.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

The next day, shortly after lunch, Aina was getting ready to meet Arisu. He called her early in the morning.

Today's meeting was proposed by him. Although Aina didn't really want to because she was too depressed about the situation with Chishiya. However, she thought that Arisu could help her. Advise her.

She walked for several minutes until she came to the nearest subway stop. She looked at the clock on her mobile phone and saw that her train was leaving in exactly one minute.

Even though she tried to hurry, she didn't have time to cross the crowd around her to the platform. But she wasn't angry. She knew another one is going to be there in a few minutes.

While waiting on the platform, she looked at her phone. She wandered into the photo gallery again, where she clicked on Chishiya's photo.

The left corner of her lips curled into a small smile, but she was snapped out of her reverie by an oncoming train, which she boarded and was taken four stations away.

She headed to the cafe right next to the subway station where she got off. Through the large window of the cafe, she saw Arisu already waiting for her at one of the tables, looking at his phone with a smile.

Aina entered the cafe through the large glass door. There were only a few people in the cafe who were busy with their own things and conversations.