chapter forty two

"I never craved attention, until I tasted yours."

Chapter 42

Chishiya was sure that telling Arisu the truth would win him over. Even if he only needed to use it for the main scene of his plan.

His face slowly turned towards Aina, who was listening intently to every single word he let out.

"We all agreed that you and Usagi should join us. I think you're smart enough to do that, Arisu." Chishiya continued, this time looking at Arisa, whose eyes were slightly squinted from the sunlight hitting them.

Arisu looked at the other two people who were there with the two of them. To Aina and Kuina, who were waiting for his unequivocal answer as well as Chishiya.

"Aina, this is why you became friends with me, right?" Arisu turned his words to Aina, who was suddenly snapped out of her thoughts.

All eyes suddenly turned to her, but just before she was about to answer him, Chishiya's voice overtook her.

"You shouldn't drag her into this now." Chishiya said causing Aina to turn in his direction.

She didn't expect his reaction to be like this. It sounded like he wanted to avoid Arisu communicating with her on a higher level.

But Arisu didn't look away from Aina even when Chishiya decided to answer instead of her.

"I'll be honest with you, Arisu," Aina began to say before Chishiya looked towards her with his mouth slightly opened, listening to what she was about to say next, "at first it was just because of our plan, but in that short time I found out that you are a person I sincerely want to be friends with. So, no, I didn't just do it because of the plan."

Chishiya's lips were still parted, he raised his eyebrows slightly in an undertone of disbelief until finally he exhaled slowly and loudly.

Aina noticed his reaction, but she didn't want to attach any deeper meaning to it, even though she really should have. His chest was burning from hearing her flattering words about Arisu's personality. He didn't want to hear her talk about anyone, but him. That's why he initially answered instead of her at first and didn't want her to answer because he knew exactly what she would say.

In the end, however, he still couldn't avoid it and nervously crumpled the fabric of his hoodie in it's pockets.

"All right. I'll join you, but I still have to tell Usagi about it." Arisu finally nodded without hesitation.

"Excellent. I'm glad we came to an agreement." A small smirk flickered across Chishiya's lips.

He took his right hand out of the pocket of his white sweatshirt and held it out to Arisu, who shook his hand back as a sign of agreement.

Aina swallowed hard and furrowed her brows at the both of them, the thought that this might not end well as she crossed her mind. Mainly for Arisu.

Kuina breathed a sigh of relief in between, catching a glimpse of the way Aina was looking at the pair in front of them with one eye. She could see how depressed she was and how scared she must have been.

She felt sorry for what Aina was going through. She felt sorry for how Aina was unable to relieve herself of the feelings in this world. She knew that Chishiya was always right about one thing - feelings don't get you very far in this world. You only have to rely on yourself.

Immediately after this, they all left the same way they came to the place. They were quiet the whole way, especially Aina, who was deep in her thoughts.